Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: So... any trapster saves yet?

Just got a text form the GF, she got a Trapster save and alerted to 3 more, CHP is working Hwy 17 in CA this evening.

That's live alerts save cause she's got the cooler phone. In fact her only complaint about Trapster is more people don't use it yet.

Lead Foot

hah, today I got my cell phone at work upgraded to a black berry, so first thing i did was download Trapster and a few hours ago i got a "police often hide here" and I was just going +5 psl texting and not paying attention and I look at my rvm...and there just so happened to be a LEO directly behind me not really a save but I was kind of impressed

Advanced Member

100% verified trapster save!!!!!!!!

on one of my last trips I marked a spot where I have seen a cop and on this trip driving down the road Trapster alerts and then my v995 alerts to constant-on K-band as I approach the marked location there was the officer sitting there in the spot i pretty much marked from earlier trips

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Almost Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Montu View Post
    I'm talking about LIVE alerts, I'll see a Leo setting up a trap or already in position in the morning, and either I report it, and then some other guy reports it maybe 10 minutes later or I can pass him up w/o reporting it and 10 mins later it gets reported

I'm assuming its a trapster user who follows a similar commute route but is generally traveling ~10 mins behind me, so my reports basically help him/her
    thats a great technology if it works

i was driving on my regular work route and had my gps alert me of a red light camera. as i slowed down i noticed someone run the light and like magic a big white flash. i dont know if you would consider that a save but it was pretty sweet.
    i dont run lights no matter what but its nice to know where the cameras are just in case.

Radar Fanatic

I saw a FHP sitting literally on top of the dot on my GPS, but he was shooting C/O Ka towards the other traffic. So not a save... but it was 100% accurate.

Almost Banned

I have yet to get a live alert, although I've marked quite a few for other people. I spoke to Trapster support and suggested they make a change/update, and they said it would be available on the iPhone soon.

The ability to make a single click "Thank You" to those that have saved you by making a LIVE ALERT. I think it'll make users more likely to take the time to mark live LEO locations if they get feedback from others that its actually being used. If you mark live locations 100 times and never know if it did any good, you may be a little less willing to bother...where as if you get a "Thank You" from another user who was saved from a hefty ticket because you took the extra time to mark it...you may be happy to do it again.

Trapster said they were going to add that into an update.

Good Citizen

Havn't had any actaul saves but It has been fairly accurate at point out common areas where they sit on the highway.

Newcomer

On my first trip through Iowa after installing the POIs in my TomTom GPS, on I-80 the GPS gave the trap warning as I was approaching the crest of the hill. I slowed down to PSL +5 and then as I crested the hill I/O Ka blast. I would consider it a save.