Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Protective case for V1?

I just got my V1 today and realize that I need a case to protect it when it isn't on my windshield. At the same time, I don't want to fork over the $29 for the Valentine case. What do you use to store/protect your V1s?

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

If the V1 case is too rich for your blood then bo to a garage sale & buy a camera case.

It's not that I'm cheap (obviously, since I just bought a V1), but I am a little peeved that for $400 Valentine couldn't include some sort of case for when I put my RD in the glove box. It only adds insult to injury that they charge $30 + shipping for their only case.

Newcomer

any old small case will work. Look at dollar stores, clearnace racks anywhere, camera bags will work and just go to your local craft store and get like 30 cents worth of padding and just pad the inside. Doesnt have to look pretty, just has to work functionally.

Radar Fanatic

Protect it from what?

Radar Fanatic

Go to the store buy a cube of styrofoam and make your own :wink:

Radar Fanatic

Somebody on here made their own case, if you search the foum you will find it...

but i would like the genuine case, because its hard to that it will protect it better..

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    Somebody on here made their own case, if you search the foum you will find it...

but i would like the genuine case, because its hard to that it will protect it better..
    I've been thinking of getting a small pistol case from the local gun conglomerate for mine, they only cost ~$10.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by RanchBroker
    It's not that I'm cheap (obviously, since I just bought a V1), but I am a little peeved that for $400 Valentine couldn't include some sort of case for when I put my RD in the glove box. It only adds insult to injury that they charge $30 + shipping for their only case.
    I'm with you. They are so kind to include a variety of connections options but don't through in cheap leatheret cover. I ended getting the VR cover and I'm not entirely pleased with it. Yes, its a nice hard shell and holds the V1 very nicely. There's plenty of room for the suction cup mount and the cig adapter. However its actually a fairly large case and doesn't fit in my glove box very well. I've hardwired and leave my suction cups on the glass so the only thing in the case is the V1. I wish the offered a smaller case for just the V1. As mentioned, there are many small camera cases available both low end and high end. Crumpler makes some really nice camera cases, and I might check into those. Most are not hard sided though.

Professional

Ive made 2 casesand posted topis on how i did it but it was awhile back.

1. I bought a cd case that holds 12 cd's and cut al the slots out. Then i purchased a piece of foam like the kind in gun cases,cut it to the shape of the case than placed my v1 on top of that and traced it. TThen i got a razor blade and cut it out.Oce done i glued the foam to one side of the case. Thats it.

2.Got an old towel and folded it where it was doubled up. then i placed the v1 on top and pinned pins around it. Removed the v1, then i sewed around the pins and cut the excess off. End up with basically a sock for your v1.