Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 use in Virginia

Hello,

Thanks for the great site. This is my first post.

Good Citizen

I don't live in Virginia, but from tests that I have seen, the V1 is VERY visible to specter III radar detector detectors. I beleive this is attributed to its two antennas. I would definitly consider getting a Bel STI Driver with a stealthy install if you plan to drive were detectors are illegal.

Power User

Quit double posting questions.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=22459

MODS, LOCK THIS THREAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigb3500
    I don't live in Virginia, but from tests that I have seen, the V1 is VERY visible to specter III radar detector detectors.
    Wrong, the V1 is the second stealthiest radar detector.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>>
    Quit double posting questions.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=22459

MODS, LOCK THIS THREAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigb3500
    I don't live in Virginia, but from tests that I have seen, the V1 is VERY visible to specter III radar detector detectors.
    Wrong, the V1 is the second stealthiest radar detector.
    Hello Jazzy,

I posted in the 'General' section since my question was two-fold, detection of any RD by patrol cars in VA and specific detection of the V1. If I am in violation, my apology.

I would reccommend you keep it out of sight. Check out this site for ideas on how to hide it Speed enforcement in Va is insane. The laws are written to be a money generator (safety my a$$). Anyone that says otherwise is full of it. I have never seen any RDD's used though but I am sure they do.

Professional

About 3.5 years ago, I drove the whole length of 95 through VA with a V1 and didn't get stopped about the detector once. I did mount it lower than usual and turned it off as soon as I got an alert just to be on the safe side.

This was with a v1.7, btw. You probably wouldn't want to try the same thing today.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by angry_mob_justice
    I would reccommend you keep it out of sight. Check out this site for ideas on how to hide it I have used mine in Va for years and never had a problem. Speed enforcement in Va is insane. The laws are written to be a money generator (safety my a$$). Anyone that says otherwise is full of it. I have never seen any RDD's used though but I am sure they do.
    Please point me to 'hiding' it. Over the mirror is recommended, but pick-up trucks being higher than cars, it seems to me that it might be tougher to hide it without sacrificing performance. Thanks for your answers guys ;^)

Newcomer

Not the best solution, but not the worst

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...024&highlight=

Someone on this forum bought a visor CD holder. They hid their V1 in that only exposing the antenna and laser sensor. They also used the conceal display. I tried it and it worked great. I also use another mount, high next to the rearview. As long as you dont have a tint across the top of the windshield you are in good shape.

Old Timer

Default welcome

Welcome to the forum jet. I am sure you wouldn't have a problem running a V1 in VA as long as you are careful.