Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Can't call myself an enthusiast if I dont get a V1!

Hey yall

I've finally decided to purchase a brand new V1. I'm dying to try this detector that everybody here goes crazy about. Can't call myself an enthusiast if I don't own/try one of these. I love my X50, it is a great detector and I've had lots of fun, but I have to sell it to able to afford the V1. Sad to see the X50 go, but its currently for sale and hopefully it will go to another owner that will take good care of it. So the V1 order hasn't been put through yet, but I'll do it as soon as the X50 sells.

I really do hate when I get emotionally attached to material objects, lol. But now I have a few questions about the V1:

1) Does the V1 have brightness adjustments and is it loud like the X50's loud tones?

2) If the custom power cord works with my X50, will the RJ 11 phone jack type cord work with the V1?

3) Should I have option 6 off and what kind of effect will that have on detector?

4) Can I have the all bogeys mode on but have X band off?

5) If I have the logic modes on, will this affect KA band performance or only affects X, K?

6) How much does Mike V charge for shipping?

7) Does the V1 function ok with high sun heat hitting on it? (Live in Florida)

8) Does the V1 easily remove from the suction cup housing so i can quickly tuck it in the armrest then snap it back like i did with the X50?

So these are some of the question, ill be having more as time goes on :-)

Power User

Default Re: Can't call myself an enthusiast if I dont get a V1!

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon

1) Does the V1 have brightness adjustments and is it loud like the X50's loud tones?
    It uses the two laser sensors to establish ambient light levels and auto-adjusts brightness. And it's pretty freaking loud to me, but then again I'm not blaring music louder than ambulance sirens.

2) If the custom power cord works with my X50, will the RJ 11 phone jack type cord work with the V1?
    Yes, same cord will work.

3) Should I have option 6 off and what kind of effect will that have on detector?
    No you shouldn't. It disables Ka harmonic scanning and 300ms pulse guard, and will cause the V1 to turn into the most sensitive RDD in the world.
    4) Can I have the all bogeys mode on but have X band off?
    Yes, if you turn off X-band in programming.

5) If I have the logic modes on, will this affect KA band performance or only affects X, K?
    Ka is completely unaffected. X-band is affected by default, K-band will only be affected if you've programmed K-band muting.

6) How much does Mike V charge for shipping?
    I believe ~ $10 for regular ground and $25 for overnight morning? Personally if you're spending $400 you might as well get it by the time you wake up!

7) Does the V1 function ok with high sun heat hitting on it? (Live in Florida)
    Sure seems so to me.

8) Does the V1 easily remove from the suction cup housing so i can quickly tuck it in the armrest then snap it back like i did with the X50?
    Yes, one-finger release and reattachment. For reattaching you need to push up and into the bracket. Takes a bit of practice but for me it's second nature now.

On the bright side angle adjustment is so easy every mfr should use this mount.

Advanced Member

To be technical, K-Band is affected somewhat by the logic modes in their default settings. Although a lone K-Band alert might not get filtered at all, these modes DO have a minor effect on K-Band, see below.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...=8718&start=15

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Valentine
    In Logic and Advanced Logic modes, K-band alerts are filtered in a mild way according to algorithms that are designed to reduce high-density motion-sensor annoyance without handicapping K-band warning range.

Cheers,

Mike Valentine
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kaufman
    Our software engineers say that it’s possible that a K band alarm will be muted in Advanced Logic but ONLY if these three conditions are met:

1) at least one X band alarm is present
    2) the K band alarm is REAR
    3) the K band alarm is LESS THAN 3 LEDs

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
    Sales Department

Radar Fanatic

thank you mr jdong and jimbo for taking the time to answer my questions. So with option 6 its gonna be ringing ka left and right eh?

Advanced Member

thank you mr jdong and jimbo for taking the time to answer my questions. So with option 6 its gonna be ringing ka left and right eh?
    Yes, definitely...

Power User

Thanks Jim for that information, I did not know that.

Advanced Member

What would be interesting, is if someone were to do an RDD test, comparing the V1 w/Ka guard off to a VG-2

Power User

Do you think it might alert to the Spectre?

Advanced Member

I doubt it would alert to it on Ka, at least not with any distance... Spectre's 1st LO is supposedly in the 13.xx GHz range, which wouldn't produce a harmonic in the police Ka band. But maybe it could detect it as Ku with Ku band turned on? I don't know...

Power User

I tried it, its true, it will randomly get a weak alert every few minutes, the V1 performs great with this option on so leave it alone, you can give it a try and see for yourself one day.

Florida heat is no problem. The V1 can get very hot, but no problems.

8)