Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ V1 setting

Newcomer

Default NJ V1 setting

Hi, need some feedback on my current V1 program setting since Im kinda new at this (just received my V1 2 days ago).

So, if you are from NJ, what is your program setting?

I travel on rt 287,GSP, and Turnpike quite often and many of you confirmed X is still very popular here in NJ. I'm from Somerset county and travel to North Jersey - NYC area quite often.

I have my V1 setting at:
    K-band (E) - stay muted at four lights
    K-band (b C d) - 20 sec

Professional

Leave it on A mode and turn POP OFF.

Get used to it for a good month and most of all...

Enjoy it!

Professional

I know NJ uses X band, but you will get annoyed by the false X alerts. You might want to try (l) mode when you get comfortable with your settings.

Professional

i pity v1 users where x is used. inspite of x turned off v1 is still handful with k door openers ..... cant imagine driving with all bands on.....

Good Citizen

Default NJ

Unlike you I drive mostly on the GSP but i use my V1 on L and it goes days with out an alert but when i get the X band i never think twice of slowing down cause most of the time is Statie running X band on instant on or coming up from the front with CO. Give the big L a try and see how you like it. One more thing watch out on North Jersey for Laser as it's the weapon of choice now. I see laser traps almost on a daily basis from exit 129 go up to 148 night and days.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nascar
    Leave it on A mode and turn POP OFF.

Get used to it for a good month and most of all...

Enjoy it!
    what he said but dont use it on L because you might run into a leo running x or K band and depending on your speed getting an alert after 4 dots may not be enough.

when ur on the highway A mode. if u having false alert problems with k band then throw on some auto mute settings for K and drive in little-l mode.

this will give u a X and K alert under 4 dots at the MUTED volume (the level not the knob). so have that turned up a tiny bit but not as loud as the knob volume so u know when u hear a weaker x or k band alert which could be an leo or false.

and remember if u do this when switcing back to A mode the settings go back to normal and the automutes are disabled.

oh yeah and i drive thru NJ alot and have seen every band used there so be careful!

Radar Fanatic

I have done a lot of playing around with my settings the past week, and I have decided on the following:

Little L mode, initial volume set low, regular volume set medium. K-Band automute set for 30 seconds/stay muted at 6 lights*, mute rear K-Band*, POP off.

*Be careful about the stay muted at 6 lights for K-Band. In the three years of driving with a radar detector, I personally have never received a LEO K-Band.

Speed Demon

Highways and rural areas I leave it on A. Pop Off. In my town and more urban areas, I use little L.

Newcomer

thanks for all your feedback. I think for now the best setup for me is when driving on highway I'll use A and around suburb or in populated area use little l.

Old Timer

northern NJ is a decent amount of laser...every X band alert could be a cop as well