Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default What cars have LCC apart from Infiniti?

I have been experiencing laser falsing recently with Caddy nearby. Any idea?

Professional

i got K hit today from a newer model mercedes... v1 helped me to pinpoint exact source with arrows.

Manufacturer

Infinity uses Laser for a lane change warning.
    Lexus and Toyota use Laser for active cruise control

Experienced

i was behind an Audi Q7, and V1 was going nuts with K band. it may have been its tail lights, but i suspect the Audi has radar as well.

i think most Infiniti models feature the laser now.. i have a feeling G's do, but i haven't checked.

Good Citizen

If these car type lasers can trigger the V1.... could they possibly affect the accuracy of "Real" laser speed guns?

Tim

Yoda of Radar

I have seen laser cruise control systems on BMW, Lexus and Infiniti. I have not seen the Audi radar guided cruise control systems but I have definitely verified them on high end 5 and 6 series Mercedes.

Speed Demon

Audi has lane change collision warning system that uses radar.

All of these new technologies are going to increasingly be a false alarm nightmare - even the 9500 wouldn't help in these situations.

The laser falsing is soo bad with the infiniti's that I get 15 falses to 1 real encounter - I got hit with laser a few weeks ago and the first thing I am looking for is the Infinti!.. Doh!

Power User

Chrysler's site shows the 300C's available ACC uses LIDAR though it's unclear if it interferes with laser detectors. Fortunately it's not standard or part of any package-options on any trim level.

Good Citizen

The Infiniti G35 has a laser that is used for the "intelligent cruise control" and the "preview braking." The laser is allegedly on even when the cruise control is not being used.

I got a 9500i and my G's laser has not triggered my own 9500i. I then put the 9500i in my A4, and parked it about 70 feet in front of the G35 with the motor running. The 9500i's laser warning was not triggered, while inside the A4.

I should be receiving my V1 tomorrow, and I'll run the same tests again. I've heard of people using the V1, and their own Infiniti's laser supposedly triggering their own V1. But then, I've also heard things contrary to that.