Speed Demon

Default Hardwire: Should I change the power cord color for security?

I just finished hardwiring my V1 and I'm pretty happy with the arrangement. My car has a light gray interior with matching color RVM. Should I change the color of the power cord from the original black to light gray to blend in more with the interior so the car thief will have to look harder to find the dangling pig tail from the roofliner? If so, will a regular phone cord work as long as it has 4 wires? Thanks!

Radar Fanatic

Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about it. If it's an issue just tuck it up in the headliner really quickly.

Experienced

I doubt that it would really matter that much, how did you configure your setup? If I were you I would remove the v1 any time you left the car for more than 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhawhaw View Post
    I just finished hardwiring my V1 and I'm pretty happy with the arrangement. My car has a light gray interior with matching color RVM. Should I change the color of the power cord from the original black to light gray to blend in more with the interior so the car thief will have to look harder to find the dangling pig tail from the roofliner? If so, will a regular phone cord work as long as it has 4 wires? Thanks!
    Better yet, cut a piece of the fuzzy half of Velcro and wrap it around near the end of the power cord such that if forms a small tab roughly 1/2" by 1/2" in size. Then stick a small square of the "hook" part of the Velcro at the top of your windshield near the headliner so that you can stick the cord up along the line where the top of the windshield meets the headliner. This is my solution. If a thief manages to spot this, then he is already inside my car and already is digging around in the glove box and under the seats to find what he can steal.