Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default 3.864 Ghosting issues w/ videos

As many of you know I have two V1's 3.864 and 3.813. I am having issues with ghosting on the 3.864. I have videos of my LEO neighbor leaving on his K band radar dash mount unit and I make multiple passes with my 3.864 and 3.813. My 3.813 works flawlessly showing a bogey of 1 while my 3.864 shows a bogey of 3 AND sometimes shows Ka band as the 3rd bogey. I will post the videos a little later but I know that I will be sending my 3.864 to get it fixed since the bogey counter is a crucial feature. UPDATED with videos of both!

3.864 Video
    YouTube - V1 3.864 Bogey Counter Issues

3.813 Video

YouTube - V1 3.813 Bogey Counter PERFECT
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Experienced

This is my first time owning a V1. but I bought mine in the beginning of March and noticed the samething. I will pass by a LEO and the boogey will jump to two, then three, and then the Ka indicator will light up as well as the K band indicator. I thought this was the norm due to the sensitivity of the V1 and being so close to the radar source as well as having alot of other cars around, more for the signal to bounce off of. It does not happen all the time, but none the less, it does.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by strangeknight View Post
    This is my first time owning a V1. but I bought mine in the beginning of March and noticed the samething. I will pass by a LEO and the boogey will jump to two, then three, and then the Ka indicator will light up as well as the K band indicator. I thought this was the norm due to the sensitivity of the V1 and being so close to the radar source as well as having alot of other cars around, more for the signal to bounce off of. It does not happen all the time, but none the less, it does.
    I would agree with you but I have owned about 10 V1's and never have I had this problem

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Experienced

See I only own the one, and so I have nothing to compare it too. If you find out something let me know, I will be calling them this coming week to see what they have to say. I will let you know what I find out but I believe you are more of a pro at this...
    Last edited by strangeknight; 06-14-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Good Citizen

Default 3.864 Ghosting

Quote Originally Posted by strangeknight View Post
    See I only own the one, and so I have nothing to compare it too. If you find out something let me know, I will be calling them this coming week to see what they have to say. I will let you know what I find out but I believe you are more of a pro at this...
    I called them because I had the same problem. They said that it is the detector getting "over-saturated" by a strong signal at close range. I accepted this answer, but have to admit that I pretty much ignore the bogey counter when I'm not on the open highway.

Based on what's been stated here and in other threads about previous performance, I consider this to be a bug that should be fixed. But that won't happen unless there are enough people to complain about the ghosting. Even then, it will most likely be "silently corrected" in the next firmware.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
    I called them because I had the same problem. They said that it is the detector getting "over-saturated" by a strong signal at close range. I accepted this answer, but have to admit that I pretty much ignore the bogey counter when I'm not on the open highway.

Based on what's been stated here and in other threads about previous performance, I consider this to be a bug that should be fixed. But that won't happen unless there are enough people to complain about the ghosting. Even then, it will most likely be "silently corrected" in the next firmware.
    Thanks for the insight.

Power User

I get that often in my 3.863, but it's more noticeable at point blank. The V1 will show strong K with 2-3 bogeys, and 3 dot Ka. I called them before, and they said it's normal when I'm at point blank. I didn't bother sending it in because they sounded like they couldn't fix the problem...

There's a road in my neighborhood where there are 2 fixed K speed signs and a LEO with Ka sometimes sits in the median. I just get annoyed that I get a Ka everytime I drive by since I can't never tell if the LEO is there, or it's just the V1 ghosting. I don't really mind having multiple K bogeys, but I do mind having a K with Ka.

Happya$$, let us know if they can actually address this problem.
    Last edited by speed-dreams; 06-15-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by speed-demon View Post
    I get that often in my 3.863, but it's more noticeable at point blank. The V1 will show strong K with 2-3 bogeys, and 3 dot Ka. I called them before, and they said it's normal when I'm at point blank. I didn't bother sending it in because they sounded like they couldn't fix the problem...

There's a road in my neighborhood where there are 2 fixed K speed signs and a LEO with Ka sometimes sits in the median. I just get annoyed that I get a Ka everytime I drive by since I can't never tell if the LEO is there, or it's just the V1 ghosting. I don't really mind having multiple K bogeys, but I do mind having a K with Ka.

Happya$$, let us know if they can actually address this problem.

My point then is that the V1's bogey counter is worthless with the newer versions. NONE of my previous versions did this. Something was definitely screwed up then no matter how VR wants to twist it.

buyradardetectors rocks!

Experienced

Not sure if mine is an anomaly for an older version but I have v 3.818 and get the exact same thing with a strong K band signal like a toll booth or speed sign. I was going to send it in for an upgrade and tune. Had it since I upgraded from 1.7 to 1.8 POP when it came out and has not been tuned since. Never noticed the issue at first but has done it for the last few years.

Scratonicity Groupie

Im trying to remember what revisions had this problem in the past. I think it was either 3.824 or 3.851. But it's certainly something they can fix.