Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default 3.871 Los Angeles to Las Vegas and back

Quick report:

I own a couple V1's

Some 3.864's and a 3.871

My wife and I took a trip out to Las Vegas from the San Fernando Valley and back and we took my recently repaired/upgraded 3.871 for a shakedown. Please keep in mind I have absolutely NO prior experience using a V1 since I just bought the 3.864's less than two weeks ago.

Now for the juice. On the trip out we picked up over 20+ actual threats with visual. The police were out in force on Thursday 8/7/08 when we departed.

Two laser falses the entire trip. That was it, and they occurred on the trip back today.

*Multiple 3.5 Mile Ka warnings

*ONE Laser scatter SAVE on the 15 heading out from a CHP officer aiming from the shoulder!!!

*NO J'ed out alerts at all, ZERO.

*Over 3 mile K range picking up multiple speed display signs on the 15 east and west

*NO GHOSTS at all even when we were ON TOP of the source (less than 500ft away from cruiser shooting KA)

*Rear facing antenna worked splendidly and I picked up K speed signs for miles after passing them, possibly matching performance of forward facing horn.

Ambient temps were in the triple digits (from 100 to 115F) and V1 was on the windshield the entire time.

I was not taken by surprise by any LEO encounter. If the officer was running radar I knew about it WAY in advance.

So that is my report from L.A. to Vegas and back with a 3.871 unit.

The next time we travel out to Vegas I will bring one of our 3.864's and see how that behaves.

***EDIT: Forgot to mention that the unit was in defaults. X band was on, POP was on, etc. Nothing deviated from the default settings.
    Last edited by timish; 08-10-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: 3.871 Los Angeles to Las Vegas and back

Quote Originally Posted by timish View Post
    Quick report:

I own a couple V1's

Some 3.864's and a 3.871

My wife and I took a trip out to Las Vegas from the San Fernando Valley and back and we took my recently repaired/upgraded 3.871 for a shakedown. Please keep in mind I have absolutely NO prior experience using a V1 since I just bought the 3.864's less than two weeks ago.

Now for the juice. On the trip out we picked up over 20+ actual threats with visual. The police were out in force on Thursday 8/7/08 when we departed.

Two laser falses the entire trip. That was it, and they occurred on the trip back today.

*Multiple 3.5 Mile Ka warnings

*ONE Laser scatter SAVE on the 15 heading out from a CHP officer aiming from the shoulder!!!

*NO J'ed out alerts at all, ZERO.

*Over 3 mile K range picking up multiple speed display signs on the 15 east and west

*NO GHOSTS at all even when we were ON TOP of the source (less than 500ft away from cruiser shooting KA)

*Rear facing antenna worked splendidly and I picked up K speed signs for miles after passing them, possibly matching performance of forward facing horn.

Ambient temps were in the triple digits (from 100 to 115F) and V1 was on the windshield the entire time.

I was not taken by surprise by any LEO encounter. If the officer was running radar I knew about it WAY in advance.

So that is my report from L.A. to Vegas and back with a 3.871 unit.

The next time we travel out to Vegas I will bring one of our 3.864's and see how that behaves.
    wow looks like it did a good job, I wonder what is the realy main difference is, of oh well, i would be lookind forward to your next vegas trip using the .864 .

Old Timer

sweet saves

Good Citizen

The arrows were worth their weight in gold.

I have used 8500 X50's since March 2005, and I always had to brake look around and see where the LEO was. Ahead? Behind? In a lane on the other side of the freeway?

They were great devices, but lacking the directional variable present in V1.

Who Knew?

This was the first of many trips where V1 will be my electronic countermeasure.

The V1 arrows took all the guesswork away and allowed me to concentrate on the task at hand...............driving.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by timish View Post
    The arrows were worth their weight in gold.

I have used 8500 X50's since March 2005, and I always had to brake look around and see where the LEO was. Ahead? Behind? In a lane on the other side of the freeway?

They were great devices, but lacking the directional variable present in V1.

Who Knew?

This was the first of many trips where V1 will be my electronic countermeasure.

The V1 arrows took all the guesswork away and allowed me to concentrate on the task at hand...............driving.
    i agree arrows rock ass, and they are very helpfull, just the other day i found 2 leos sneaky up behing and shooting instant on. If it wasnt for the arrows, I might i spend off and got pulled over.

Street Lawyer

I-15 from Ontario to Vegas and back can be deadly!! good saves man

Newcomer

Great saves! The police were out in force because the 2008 Gumball Rally was passing through.

Stealthed Like a B-2

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Great saves! The police were out in force because the 2008 Gumball Rally was passing through.
    thats what would piss me off though. If i ran the gumball i wish that the police didn't know about it and it was kept top secret. Theres probably some moles in the gumball. I can't wait to see this years videos!

Newcomer

Me too but Max and Julie (Founder & his wife for those who don't know) are all about publicity and need to rebound from last year's abrupt end.

Sorry to OP for going off-topic.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Me too but Max and Julie (Founder & his wife for those who don't know) are all about publicity and need to rebound from last year's abrupt end.

Sorry to OP for going off-topic.
    No prob, it's good information since we didn't understand the police presence on Thursday afternoon.

Coming back today there were less than 5 actual LEO encounters that I detected on I-15 in contrast to the officers in force on Thursday.