Experienced

Default V1 acting weird.

About a week ago I was heading to work in the morning, just a normal day and when I got to my usual K band false area, something alarmed me. Instead of a one or two LED strength with a few quiet beeps I get full strength "beeeeeeeeee"(still muted). Every fuel station and supermarket does that to it now, no ramp up or low strength. Also it would switch itself to L when I turn it on after its been sitting a while. Then a day later it Ed out on me. I turned it off then back on and it was back to its full strength K band cr*p. So now I'm pissed because it needs to be sent in until the next day I pick up a LEO at 1/4 mile on IO Ka. She performed great, and even gave me sweet detection distance behind his gun. Should I just leave it alone or do I neeed to send her in?

Thanks yall,
    Shane.
    Last edited by mountainman; 11-08-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 acting weird.

I would send it in just to be sure. If it showed E, even if it went away send it in.

Yoda of Radar

Time to send her in. I wouldn't trust any RD acting like that.

Experienced

Shoot, do they charge you anything?

Yoda of Radar

3.864 should be under warranty, no? Just send it in with a note inside the box describing the problem and your contact info.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    3.864 should be under warranty, no? Just send it in with a note inside the box describing the problem and your contact info.
    Thanks man, this is a bummer.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    About a week ago I was heading to work in the morning, just a normal day and when I got to my usual K band false area, something alarmed me. Instead of a one or two LED strength with a few quiet beeps I get full strength "beeeeeeeeee"(still muted). Every fuel station and supermarket does that to it now, no ramp up or low strength. Also it would switch itself to L when I turn it on after its been sitting a while. Then a day later it Ed out on me. I turned it off then back on and it was back to its full strength K band cr*p. So now I'm pissed because it needs to be sent in until the next day I pick up a LEO at 1/4 mile on IO Ka. She performed great, and even gave me sweet detection distance behind his gun. Should I just leave it alone or do I neeed to send her in?

Thanks yall,
    Shane.

Looking at your sig, I saw you have 30 second mute on K. I would set it back to normal spec then try it out.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Looking at your sig, I saw you have 30 second mute on K. I would set it back to normal spec then try it out.
    . . .and would recommend testing it out without the concealed display - but if it E'd it needs to be looked out, it does not matter if it's only happened once. Let VR read the code stored when it E'd and let them fix it.