Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Valentine shipping/receiving question

There is a blurb on the Valentine site that an adult signature is required for delivery. Do you actually have to be present to sign, or can you sign the card they leave and leave it for them to deliver the next day.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Valentine shipping/receiving question

Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    There is a blurb on the Valentine site that an adult signature is required for delivery. Do you actually have to be present to sign, or can you sign the card they leave and leave it for them to deliver the next day.
    You have to sign (in person), can't just sign the card and have them leave it.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by OPTiK View Post
    Thanks, that's what I figured. This creates kind of a hassle since I can't receive it at work, and Fedex typically comes by my house before I get home. I was ready to order one today, but I'll have to figure out when I can take some time off from work to be home for delivery.

Power User

They didn't require a signature for me.

Power User

Thanks, that's what I figured. This creates kind of a hassle since I can't receive it at work, and Fedex typically comes by my house before I get home. I was ready to order one today, but I'll have to figure out when I can take some time off from work to be home for delivery.
    This is the most annoying thing about an otherwise fantastic product.

I have electronics delivered to my house all the time. Everything from an HDTV to cellular phones to camcorders has been left on my front doorstep in safety; nothing has ever been stolen. However, in order to receive a $400 radar detector from Valentine Research, I have to either take time off of work to stay home and sign for the package or I have to go to the shipping company's after-hours pickup and stand in line with the rest of the cattle in order to pick up my purchase.

It's absolutely maddening!!!

Professional

Its called CYA--you know there are people out there that would say they never got a product---V-1 in this case and then get another one sent to them and then the person has 2---$400 detectors! This way when YOU sign for it--there is no issue on their part.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Holla View Post
    Its called CYA--you know there are people out there that would say they never got a product---V-1 in this case and then get another one sent to them and then the person has 2---$400 detectors! This way when YOU sign for it--there is no issue on their part.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the "head of the customer service department" - i.e. that famous woman who sometimes answers the phone and gives callers a hard time - probably had something to do with this policy.

Advanced Member

I think if your UPS guy know you they well just leave it. I have bought a couple of things over the last few days from VR and have never signed for it.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Radar Fanatic

If you miss the delivery, you can always go to the Fedex facility to pick up your V1. They are normally open until 9:00 PM.

GTO_04

Professional

You can send customer service a note saying that the V1 can ship without the signature requirement. It would be very difficult for me to make it to FedEx after work, so this works well.