Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scratonicity Groupie

Default Re: Value/Rarity of 3.813?

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    The whole 3.813 thing is bull$hit.

Does it dominate on all bands and all frequencies? NO.
    It's a collecters item because it's the most recent version that lacks POP.

Manufacturers tolerance should produce hot units in every version.

Think about it: If 3.813 really was the hottest version because of the software, don't you think VR would have duplicated it or reverted back to that software by now? If POP is the reason reception isn't as good, wouldn't VR just make newer units behave as the 3.813 did? Have an override when POP is disabled that reverts to the exact same software version as the 3.813? Did the horns change to a crappier version for 3.816 and higher revisions?? Don't think so.

3.872 is the best thing going, unless you believe VR gave up on improvements back in January of 2004.

OK, I'm gonna duck for cover now because I know the cavalry's coming.....
    Had you any credibility, I'd entertain your post. But your just a troll.

Isn't it a tad peculiar that everyone who ends up with a tuned 3.813 ends up reporting that it blows away the Belscort M3s?

My freshly tuned 3.813 is ***** slapping the CI like a red headed step child on all the bands, and especially 35.5 now.

But your right, it's just a fluke. I should sell it for a 3.872...

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
    Had you any credibility, I'd entertain your post. But your just a troll.

Isn't it a tad peculiar that everyone who ends up with a tuned 3.813 ends up reporting that it blows away the Belscort M3s?

My freshly tuned 3.813 is ***** slapping the CI like a red headed step child on all the bands, and especially 35.5 now.

But your right, it's just a fluke. I should sell it for a 3.872...

Your pompous and condescending manner is childish. Stop it already.

OK, since I have no credibility, how about you back up your assertions with some hard proof?

Ever notice after you wash your car, it seems to run better?

Power User

OK, since I have no credibility, how about you back up your assertions with some hard proof?

Buz, we will soon find out. Be patient. We will be doing a "Clash of the V1's" test pretty soon. Most of the V1's tested will be hot - meaning most units were just tuned up or new.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post

Buz, we will soon find out. Be patient. We will be doing a "Clash of the V1's" test pretty soon. Most of the V1's tested will be hot - meaning most units were just tuned up or new.
    Hope you plan to have some 3.864 freshly tuned and some 1 year olds, I'm really interested to see how those compare (although I'm afraid I already know).

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440sp View Post

Hope you plan to have some 3.864 freshly tuned and some 1 year olds, I'm really interested to see how those compare (although I'm afraid I already know).
    If someone will be willing to send us a newly tuned up 864, we will be glad to test it. Please note that we will not be responsible for any damage during the test but we will do our very best to handle it with TLC.

Radar Fanatic

So what are the V1's we will be testing? Obviously, I've got a 3.812.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_in_Nashville View Post
    So what are the V1's we will be testing? Obviously, I've got a 3.812.
    Right now we have the 2 812's, 2 813's, 1 826 and 2 872's.
    Last edited by KnightHawk; 10-17-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Professional

Although I have no credibility to post in this particular thread, I thought I'd let it be known that 2 weeks ago I received both my 3.813 & 3.826 back from their first tune-up ever. Been running them in the car together lots and here are my observations:

They are "tit-for-tat" on both K & Ka. Each one will take its turn to be the first to alert on both K & Ka bands. (I have X disabled)

The alerts are usually not more than 1 second apart from each other. Sometimes they alert at the exact same instant.

I live in Stalker land, so I believe I'm only being exposed to 34.7, but don't know for sure.

I do notice that the 3.813 seems a little more accurate on the bogey counter for strong K band alerts, but overall, again they trade back and fourth with "who finds more bogies". However, the 3.826 does seem slightly faster on K band acquisition.

I believe I do have some credibility to post here; and over the last 4 years, I've haven't seen a significant difference between MY two units. Maybe I'm not being exposed to 35.5 or 33.8, but in this area of Florida, neither unit mops the floor with the other.

Power User

Buz, do you want to send in your 826 for the test? We would like to have 2 of each at least since yours is hot and newly tuned up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buz"
    Although I have no credibility
    I don't think members should even have to say this. It's sad that statements like this are being said. Just because you are not a member of a test group doesn't mean you have no credibility.
    Last edited by KnightHawk; 10-17-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Professional

Buz, do you want to send in your 826 for the test? We would like to have 2 of each at least since yours is hot and newly tuned up.
    PM sent.