Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Talking Dallas Police Buying Valentine Ones

Yep, it's official! My best friend got completely sold on the V1 during our recent Grand Canyon trip. By the time he left the next week with his family for Colorado, he was travelling with the arrows! He reports multiple DPS I/O saves already, and even his wife loves it! He's a former military pilot, so he knows well the value of situational awareness in your countermeasures.

That's two DPD officers I have turned into Zombies so far, and more in the works!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Dallas Police Buying Valentine Ones

That's pretty awesome. Hopefully they aren't traffic cops. My cousin works a warrant task force team as a Baltimore police officer and constantly gets pulled over for speeding. He doesn't do traffic enforcement, so I'm gonna let him borrow my V1 and see if he'll purchase one. His quote on traffic cops "The boring/worthless part of police work..."

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Yep, it's official! My best friend got completely sold on the V1 during our recent Grand Canyon trip. By the time he left the next week with his family for Colorado, he was travelling with the arrows! He reports multiple DPS I/O saves already, and even his wife loves it! He's a former military pilot, so he knows well the value of situational awareness in your countermeasures.

That's two DPD officers I have turned into Zombies so far, and more in the works!
    That is pretty good.Do you from what distance he got those I/O saves?
    ..cause most of those the leos already have you.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    Hopefully they aren't traffic cops
    Fritter is the only traffic officer I ever hang out with.

All the rest are real cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Do you from what distance he got those I/O saves?
    That's for sure! On our AZ trip, I taught him how to interpret the alerts, and how those brief bursts of Ka on a V1 almost certainly point out someone running IO ahead. We had a couple of saves in the 2 mile range, give or take, on that trip. That's what he reported on his Colorado trip too. Not sure how Colorado Staties run, but AZ and NM seem to use the same play book as Texas.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 08-09-2010 at 11:53 PM.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

Keep em turning. Can you turn any CHP into counter measure zombies? I'd appreciate that. :P

Yoda of Radar

LOL! Had I not moved back to Texas back in 08, I may well have! I had a few CHP friends in the Aviation division, and aviators are always techies and good potential countermeasure enthusiasts!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    Hopefully they aren't traffic cops
    Fritter is the only traffic officer I ever hang out with.

All the rest are real cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Do you from what distance he got those I/O saves?
    That's for sure! On our AZ trip, I taught him how to interpret the alerts, and how those brief bursts of Ka on a V1 almost certainly point out someone running IO ahead. We had a couple of saves in the 2 mile range, give or take, on that trip. That's what he reported on his Colorado trip too. Not sure how Colorado Staties run, but AZ and NM seem to use the same play book as Texas.
    That is a pretty good range.And yes sometimes you can get lucky and pick up those brief bursts.Sounds like he is really enjoying the V1,now that he can interpret some of the alerts..lol
    Tell him to try and use a good rabbit or two....hehe

Lead Foot

umm, isnt that not a good thing? becaues the they will learn all our counter measures, learn from their mistakes, and then improve THEIR tactics and use them against us. isnt that how all the Instant On crap came to be?
    i personally think this is a mistake. cops are cops... if they get pulled over for speeding, all they show is their badge... at least in NY from what i heard from my cop friends (who arent my friends anymore for other reasons). i say, stay silent about what we know about their tactics... if they use old methods to catch speeders and we know them all, the better it is for us. i hope u understand what i mean.
    i dont give a Fk if cops get pulled over for speeding, whether or not they like V1s, etc... as long as its not us. cops will deal with it... because they all stick together.
    when i was in high school, my friends dad went on a road trip wit the family, going over 100mph in virginia (according to my friend, who was 16 at the time).... he got pulled over in virginia, and the cop came to his window etc. all he did was show his badge and he got off the hook... for going OVER 100, WITH the family... all it took was 15 mins of his time. cops dont need radar detectors, cops dont need to learn about our counter measures.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by mujjuman View Post
    becaues the they will learn all our counter measures, learn from their mistakes, and then improve THEIR tactics and use them against us. isnt that how all the Instant On crap came to be?
    No, it came to be in the 80s, after studies suggested that constant-on was a health hazard to the officers, and they began to use it more judiciously.

And no, cops aren't cops any more than any other group is completely homogenous. Stereotype much? The last thing that I or most other non-highway patrol cops care about is working traffic. And this is Texas. They all already know about IO. It's the normal way radar is used here. The only thing he didn't know was how to interpret it on a V1.

And no, the badge thing does not always work to get you out of a ticket, especially in Texas. Not to mention that it is a lot better to avoid getting stopped in the first place, rather than just hope that your badge works. Getting stopped is a FAIL, ticket or no ticket.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by mujjuman View Post
    becaues the they will learn all our counter measures, learn from their mistakes, and then improve THEIR tactics and use them against us. isnt that how all the Instant On crap came to be?
    No, it came to be in the 80s, after studies suggested that constant-on was a health hazard to the officers, and they began to use it more judiciously.

And no, cops aren't cops any more than any other group is completely homogenous. Stereotype much? The last thing that I or most other non-highway patrol cops care about is working traffic. And this is Texas. They all already know about IO. It's the normal way radar is used here. The only thing he didn't know was how to interpret it on a V1.

And no, the badge thing does not always work to get you out of a ticket, especially in Texas. Not to mention that it is a lot better to avoid getting stopped in the first place, rather than just hope that your badge works. Getting stopped is a FAIL, ticket or no ticket.
    Hey I'm just going by what every single one of my cop friends and their relatives have told me... hell I even know a cousin of someone who's father's someone is in the FBI and that cousin gets away with tickets because he flashes some FBI card. My friend's gf's brother's gf's father works for the state police and she has some card that she flashes and she gets away with tickets too... and so does her bf (who's my friend). She's not even related to the agent, she probably doesnt even know him... but just because she has that card. I know FBI is not police, but still is an example of how flashing a card gets ppl I knowout of tickets. I know and have many more stories of people I know that got stopped and just flashed a card and got away. In my opinion, getting stopped and NOT getting a ticket is a huge win... not getting stopped is just not getting stopped. Getting stopped AND ticketed just sucks big time. Sometimes they still get ticketed, but somehow it just disappears and the charges never appear and they never have to pay. It's just ridiculous.

Also, I'm not a criminal... at least I'd like to think so. The only laws I break are not following speed limits, not fully stopping at stop signs at 2AM, not using my blinker once in a while, and using my cellphone while driving... although I have moved to using my handsfree bluetooth which is allowed in NY. This basically means all the cops I deal with are traffic cops... not drug cops, not school safety officers, not criminal investigators, etc. I drive a considerable amount each day... just today I drove almost 100 miles and thats average for me, so the chances of me running into a traffic officer are MUCH higher than probably anyone else.

I commute alot between upstate NY and downstate NY and also in NYC... they use laser and IO in NYC area, downstate NY they use IO and CO radar, about 50/50 in my experience.... in upstate, where I statistically have run into the most police officers, they use constant on (so far 100% of the time I have seen them, in the areas in upstate NY where I drive) so I'm guessing theyre too lazy to use IO or they dont know about it yet. But once they learn about it, I am totally f'd. In downstate, I dont have to worry too much about tickets because I know the judge in the town court and also many city and town detectives... also I know the chief. I rarely even get pulled over there... in NYC area I dont even speed. Too much traffic, too much laser for me to worry about.

Many of the stereotypes I say are true... which is why I say them. At least they are true in NY. In TX, they probably would care less if I was Assistant Police Chief of Houston TX getting pulled over for 120mph in a 65 zone in Austin TX.

Oh and going back to the card thing... most of the ppl I know with these "special cards" arent even related to the officer... they got it from friends or other family members, lol... yes I asked for them before but I havent gotten my hands on one. I've been asking for almost 10 years but oh well. I know these two brothers, who's friend is a rookie cop in the town police, and they know a couple other police officers in state police and also sheriff's office, they both have 1 card from EACH police department. I'm like how the hell do u even get them? Can you please get me one? And they always say they will try but they never do.

I still stand by my statement saying that the less police officers know about our counter measures, the better it is for everyone on this forum... at least the non-police officer. I did not mean to offend any police officers on this forum, nor anywhere else. They already have a HUGE advantage over us normal folk, and teaching them our countermeasures is suicide.