Newcomer

Default setting G - mute rear K band

I have a question on this setting.

Does it matter what mode the V1 is in? Will it mute rear K band but visually display it with the rear arrow, in A l or L mode ?

Thanks.

Power User

Default Re: setting G - mute rear K band

Read the sticky and the programming guide from v1. I think it says some features won't work if you're not in a certain mode.

Radar Fanatic

You don't need (G) to automute the rear antenna, setting (7) works with front, side, and rear.

Setting (G) will never allow regular K band volume on the rear antenna using a logic mode because thresholds do not apply to this setting.
    Most people see this setting in fear of no warning but all we are trying to do is increase false suppression in an area we believe is LEO K band free.

This feature is nice because sometimes you break the delay time or signal strength LED's threshold while passing automatic door sensors, after breaking either threshold with a front or side arrow and the strongest K band signal falls to the rear antenna (G) automutes all eight signal strength LED's.
    It's as if your passenger hit the mute button for you.

Small logic mode enables all the LED's and the muted volume lever but regular volume will be disabled as long as the strongest signal is K band rear.

Advanced logic mode (L) disables all the LED's and both volume knobs basically rendering K band off at all times on the rear antenna.

A mode overrides this setting like you never set it.
    Last edited by V1 Dave; 11-04-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Big "L" mutes your program until after 4 leds when 7 is down. This is great if you don't want to see arrows or have people in the car sort of like a city mode as nothing shows until after 4 leds. Little "l" shows arrows but is muted until 4 leds. Big "A" basically defaults the muting back to stock settings. I'll use this when out of speed sensor area like I-71S after 209 mile marker or when I went through PA on I-80.

So yes it matters.

Newcomer

I understand how automute works, in its different modes. I am wondering whether A mode overrides the G setting.

Let me put it this way:

Automute active
    G pointing down so rear K band muted
    V1 running A mode
    I get hit with K band from behind
    What if anything will I see and hear?

I know if I was in l mode it would have been muted.

Radar Fanatic

When I went through PA in "A" mode and X off I had full use of all arrows and volume. You'll to experiment to see what you can get away with on your commute.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Quote Originally Posted by bxd20 View Post
    I understand how automute works, in its different modes. I am wondering whether A mode overrides the G setting.

Let me put it this way:

Automute active
    G pointing down so rear K band muted
    V1 running A mode
    I get hit with K band from behind
    What if anything will I see and hear?

I know if I was in l mode it would have been muted*.

Rear K autoMute: Option 7 and G set down

• A mode = no autoMute
    • L mode = all rear-antenna-only K-band alerts are at the muted* Volume[no time limit, although the timer does start - side alerts are unaffected]
    • AL mode = NO rear-antenna-only alerts[no time limit, although the timer does start - side alerts are unaffected]

*set by Volume Lever

Experiment. Park near a K-band source[level 2-4]; remove your detector from its' mount to simulate changes in strength, orientation and onset, whilst changing configuration and operating mode

Radar Fanatic

It's still confusing for me to explain fully what is going with my current setting in my signature as I as watching the arrows today. I as amazed that the speed sensors had the arrows active but just as I was passing a portable contriction sign turned sideways with K band on the V1 went full volume and the side arrows flashed...impressive!