Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default New V1 - Serial # vs. Software Version

I just got my V1 today. I bought it from the V1 site as a returned unit for a small discount.

I saw the thread about the last 3 digits of the serial no. tell you what version you have. My last 3 numbers are 056. This doesn't match what was in the thread.

snoopyc4

Default Re: New V1 - Serial # vs. Software Version

Do this:

Experienced

haha wow thanks. I don't have sound on my desktop but I'll have my work laptop this weekend so I'll do it then.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by The Stigs Cousin View Post
    haha wow thanks. I don't have sound on my desktop but I'll have my work laptop this weekend so I'll do it then.
    You don't need sound to check version. Ill give this to you in a nut shell..

1. turn V1 into off position
    2.Hold the volume knob in, turn V1 on whild holding knob, continue holding till it lights up, let go of knob, if version numbers do not flash, push knob in as if you were to mute it 1 time. Then they will appear.

Good Citizen

If you are new to V1s, this may be of interest to you. From Valentine's website: http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wrangler View Post
    If you are new to V1s, this may be of interest to you. From Valentine's website: http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp
    Thank you for that. I've seen that, and was planning on messing with it eventually. I am new to owning a RD, but have done months of research about them.

Got the version to show... 3.812

Power User

Thank you for that. I've seen that, and was planning on messing with it eventually. I am new to owning a RD, but have done months of research about them.

3.812 and 3.813 are supposed to be the best.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>> View Post

3.812 and 3.813 are supposed to be the best.
    Sweet. Is it an older version then?

I've been trying to hardwire it in my 2009 Civic, using the hot wire that goes to the power sunroof. Went on the civic forum and no one seems to actually know which wire it is. I'd rather not go get a volt meter but I will if I don't find anything online soon. I've already tried tapping into 2 wires that I guess at based on what was said in the Civic forums. Oh well.

So far I've driven roughly 50 miles with it, mostly city. Saw 5 or 6 cops but weren't running radar (there was a sporting event they were tending to). I really want to run into tons of cops running radar so I see how this thing works (still keeping it slow like always for a while and till I get jammers).

Good Citizen

I would just get a voltmeter. They are cheap (2.99 at harbor freight) and are really useful for tins of stuff.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by unrlmth View Post
    I would just get a voltmeter. They are cheap (2.99 at harbor freight) and are really useful for tins of stuff.
    thats what Ill do then, I thought they were at least $10 for some reason. I havent used one in forever, do I need to strip wires to get a reading (they all have rubber housing).