Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Respect for V1

So as a few of you know, I was getting fed up with my V1 and all the falses. I turned off X-Band a while ago and it seems like a brand new detector. I will mess with more settings later, but I dont want to rush into it at the same time.

Anyway I had my first actual save the other day. I was going down a pretty steep hill. Anyways its 4 lanes and the PSL is, well, lets just say ridiculously low. I was doing 15+ which is the typical speed in that area and I picked up a K-Band signal. I figured that it was a false and said forget it, but I did slow down from instinct. Then it started ramping up, I slowed down more, this time to the PSL. As soon as I round the corner I see a state-ie sitting on the right shoulder. I pass by him and the arrows display that (love those things) and I glance in my rear-view and he has his lights on pulling over someone two cars behind me! Thank God for the V1 or I would have been the one getting pulled.

A few days later I ran into two city cops (different times) with C/O Ka. I thought that was pretty amusing being able to pick them up as I got off the highway

So now I realized that my state uses K, Ka, and Laser...Should I stay away from K band mute because of this? That was the next step.

I also hardwired it into the mirror, I will take some pics tomorrow and share. Cant even see it from outside the car

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: New Respect for V1

I know the exact feeling dude! When the V1 alerts to K, it's hard to take seriously, especially in an area with lots of falses.

I wouldn't use auto muting for K.

Nice save!

Advanced Member

I posted a thread on "Real Experiences" called "Ka Guard off save...", just scroll down the first page. Where in the thread I posted a reply on how I keep the V1 quite with in reason and explain the two priority volume setting that I use to keep false alarms at an ideal condition which makes the V1 ideal for I/O. It is the only way that I can stand the V1 and it works for me......

Advanced Member

Great save! The V1's strengths really are amazing. What kind of cam do you have in your LS1?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.radardetector.net/forums/images/colortheory/smilies/custom/zombie3.gif[/SIGPIC]

V1 3.826

In Memory of Stealth Stalker
    Requiescat in Pace

Radar Fanatic

Nice one...V1 an amaze you at times!!

Radar Fanatic

Awesome save, man you got to love that.

Experienced

I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you; it definitely takes a while to get use to the falses.

As far as the K-band muting, I think it depends on what area you are in. I rarely use the k-band muting, but I live in a more rural area. My recommendation would be to turn it on when you are around a lot of falses, but then keep it off out on the highway.

The k-band muting is really nice though, just make sure that you at least keep an eye on it. I would use little "l". Big L is kind of dangerous as it hides the alerts completely until they reach 5 bars (I think?).

Speed Demon

Very nice!
    Glad you like the V1.
    If you can live with the V1 without auto mute K, I would. If it's too chatty, you can use k mute when driving in the city but realize that you sacrifice performance. It's really a personal preference issue. You could try it and watch your speed on a trial period. I generally run in A mode, I like to know what is around me. When Im in the city I don't go fast anyway, too may people and too dangerous.
    Last edited by Vette6893; 08-02-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette6893 View Post
    Very nice!
    Glad you like the V1.
    If you can live with the V1 without auto mute K, I would. If it's too chatty, you can use k mute when driving in the city but realize that you sacrifice performance. It's really a personal preference issue. You could try it and watch your speed on a trial period. I generally run in A mode, I like to know what is around me. When Im in the city I don't go fast anyway, too may people and too dangerous.
    What I have been doing is turning it down to about 11 o'clock in the city and just watching it out of the corner of my eye. Its literally right in my peripheral vision. I will take pics and post my setup when I take it out for a drive today.

I agree, I dont speed in the city too many people and all it takes is 1 idiot texting that blows a stop sign to really mess something up - ask me how I know, luckily it was only a close call though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Great save! The V1's strengths really are amazing. What kind of cam do you have in your LS1?
    It blows my mind with the range this thing has!

I was going to go G5X series from LG Motorsports or the England Green Whiplash cam but I put those plans on hold until the winter. I also contemplated about going F/I. Everything is really up in the air at this point.

Judging by your username, you have a blown z06? C5 I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Nice one...V1 an amaze you at times!!
    Definatley. I love this thing...money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by comno6 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you; it definitely takes a while to get use to the falses.

As far as the K-band muting, I think it depends on what area you are in. I rarely use the k-band muting, but I live in a more rural area. My recommendation would be to turn it on when you are around a lot of falses, but then keep it off out on the highway.

The k-band muting is really nice though, just make sure that you at least keep an eye on it. I would use little "l". Big L is kind of dangerous as it hides the alerts completely until they reach 5 bars (I think?).
    Hey man. How have you been?
    What I have been doing lately is just turning the volume down to about 11 o'clock and just watching it because I can see it out of the corner of my eye when I'm driving. I dont speed in the city so its not that big of deal.

Ill snap a couple pics when I go out for a birthday drive haha. I got it hardwired and everything...it looks pretty good.

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=CammedLS1;873305]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette6893 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    It blows my mind with the range this thing has!

I was going to go G5X series from LG Motorsports or the England Green Whiplash cam but I put those plans on hold until the winter. I also contemplated about going F/I. Everything is really up in the air at this point.

Judging by your username, you have a blown z06? C5 I presume?
    Vortech supercharged Z28 LT1. I've been out of the car scene for awhile, time to possibly upgrade to an LSX!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.radardetector.net/forums/images/colortheory/smilies/custom/zombie3.gif[/SIGPIC]

V1 3.826

In Memory of Stealth Stalker
    Requiescat in Pace