Professional

Question Traffic Monitoring Filter

Quick question on the traffic monitoring filter.

The info available online states,

TRAFFIC MONITOR FILTER
    Traffic Monitor Filter is a software algorithm designed to eliminate the false alarms caused by SpeedInfo, a traffic flow-measuring system being installed along some U. S. highways, which sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream. See www.speedinfo.com to learn more.

Traffic Monitor Filter is installed, but not activated at the factory. For activation instructions, go to our website, from the home page select Ask Mike, then Tech Reports, Tech Report 3, Reprogramming your Valentine One Radar Detector (How to Reprogram V1 Radar Detector).

Because K-band POP-radar protection is switched off when Traffic Monitor Filter is enabled, we suggest you retain the factory setting if SpeedInfo is not operating in your area. Ka-band POP Protection is not affected by Traffic Monitor Filter.

How to know if Traffic Monitor Filter is enabled

During the start-up sequence, just after "P...O...P," the symbol "" will appear if Traffic Monitor Filter is enabled.

Traffic Monitor Filter is a software algorithm designed to eliminate the false alarms caused by SpeedInfo but on speedinfo website it does not list columbus ohio, just dayton ohio. Even though they both use k band traffic monitoring system, do they both operate on the same frequency or if the V1 is able to filter the frequency in columbus. I am just trying to see, if the update is really going to help me with the K band burst in columbus.

Power User

Default Re: Traffic Monitoring Filter

My understanding is it will filter all of them in Ohio including Columbus.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    My understanding is it will filter all of them in Ohio including Columbus.
    Thats what i figured. But I tried searching for a definite answer and did not find it anywhere. It would make no sense otherwise to get the new upgrade if it did not.

Radar Fanatic

You get far from VR parking lot in Blueash and not see the sensors. I don't like the fact they turn off POP, so K-band muting and use of the arrows will be my friend.

I just got my v1 on Monday. I live in the Cleveland area. I had the t off and got full signal k every 30 or so seconds, on my 14 mile drive, on the way back home turned it on and no more quick full signal k hits. This just turns off the k pop. Coupled with k mute settings, it is nice and quiet.

Power User

Turning off K-POP is a lot better than the insane 7-second automute-all-of-K-band settings people were using before to make droned areas survivable.

Is K pop a signal that is ok to turn off, dont police use this anymore?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Turning off K-POP is a lot better than the insane 7-second automute-all-of-K-band settings people were using before to make droned areas survivable.
    I run POP ON 3s muting as Ohio State Patrol uses it solely aside from a few X-band units. With POP OFF and 3s muting I was never able to get full volume on instant-on point blank range. POP ON I was. I hope they fixed this with tsr.

Unless your on I-271 between Chagrin and Mayfield 3s muting works. Around that area they have two speed sensors, one for express and one for local lanes, where one sensor is used for 3 lanes around the state.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    I run POP ON 3s muting as Ohio State Patrol uses it solely aside from a few X-band units. With POP OFF and 3s muting I was never able to get full volume on instant-on point blank range. POP ON I was. I hope they fixed this with tsr.

Unless your on I-271 between Chagrin and Mayfield 3s muting works. Around that area they have two speed sensors, one for express and one for local lanes, where one sensor is used for 3 lanes around the state.
    Here in the Bay Area with our drone density, I even get mute punchthroughs with 7 secs + rear automute. Unless a cop is running C/O K with my current settings I would be toast. On some freeways around here, there's enough drone coverage that I light up on K band every 15 seconds for a 10 mile stretch.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    Is K pop a signal that is ok to turn off, dont police use this anymore?
    I highly doubt many cops have 67ms K-POP guns or use the POP feature on those. But 16ms K-POP is still a possible threat, but none of our detectors catch that anyway.