Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: My V1 is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
    only re-reading your original post i noticed that you mentioned 'I_I' , it didnt click with me what was wrong. If you had said that the display used to read U but was now reading u , i would have told you what was wrong.

(i'd get that sticky auto mute button looked at )
    Double facepalm on my behalf so . I tried to draw it out as close to what it looked like. I should have just said little u and it could have been sorted straight away .

The mute switch is one of those remote ones that you can get on ebay. Its just a wire with a tiny switch at one end and a RJ11 plug at the other end and it does the same job as the V1 or concealed display mute buttons. I do have it over 2 years now and it does not work as well as it used to so I may have to get another one soon. Only a tenner anyway so not too bad.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

very happy to hear you got it worked out and you're fully protected again

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev
    I have tried the V1 on both the hardwire and cigarette lighter plug cords and its the same on both.
    never a mention of an add-on mute button as part of the setup

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
    only re-reading your original post i noticed that you mentioned 'I_I' , it didnt click with me what was wrong. If you had said that the display used to read U but was now reading u , i would have told you what was wrong.

(i'd get that sticky auto mute button looked at )

Double facepalm on my behalf so
    . I tried to draw it out as close to what it looked like. I should have just said little u and it could have been sorted straight away .

The mute switch is one of those remote ones that you can get on ebay. Its just a wire with a tiny switch at one end and a RJ11 plug at the other end and it does the same job as the V1 or concealed display mute buttons. I do have it over 2 years now and it does not work as well as it used to so I may have to get another one soon. Only a tenner anyway so not too bad.
    this is a great example of how 'the user' is frequently not a good source of accurate information,
    and,
    how (what appears to be) meaningless details can have very real value

Have a safe trip

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, I didnt mention the mute wire at the start for 2 reasons.

1, I did not realise that it was the main cause of what happened due to me not knowing how to change modes with it.

2, The V1 was showing the same symptoms whether I used the hardwire kit (with both the mute wire and a concealed display hooked up) or just the wire with the cigarette lighter plug at the end and nothing else wired into that. I just tried that to see if it was something wrong with the wiring that could have been causing it.

I have just ordered a new remote mute switch as the old one is over 3 years old and needs quite a mashing at times before it will work .

As I said before, it was a major fail from me that I didnt know what had happened. After 4 years of ownership, I never figured out how to change between the u/U modes so I didnt know what had happened nor how to solve it. I paid for that by worrying about it for almost a week .

At least I had it back working for the trip which went well BTW .

P.S. I feel like a twat for making this rookie mistake in the first place .

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

it's all good

thanks for the update

is that a common use of the word 'mash' ?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post
    it's all good

thanks for the update

is that a common use of the word 'mash' ?
    Ive heard it used a few times alright so I felt it was appropriate .

Hi
    looking at your settings, Do you need euro mode on for Ireland'
    only i'm in the UK & going by other threads EURO MODE is only for Europe,
    All the Best,

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kerberus View Post
    Hi
    looking at your settings, Do you need euro mode on for Ireland'
    only i'm in the UK & going by other threads EURO MODE is only for Europe,
    All the Best,
    Hi and thanks for the reply. I have seen that the V1 definitely seems to detect the Redflex vans over here a bit better when it is in euro mode so I would be in favour of leaving it on. My vertically (and externally) mounted STI-R Plus is my main line of defense against these vans though. With no windscreen lowering detection range, it almost always picks them up first although the range is not always great due to how difficult they are to detect.

Picked up a used V1 today, and the v1 does not go through a full boot up, it boots up, and then the KA band starts going crazy. Anybody know whats wrong?
    I have tried different areas, so there is in fact no radar.

Experienced

try it in a different car

Tried it in 2 different cars, same scenario. Pretty sure its busted, the dude cancelled his phone, stopped replying to messages...

can anyone give me an appx on how much it would be to fix this? I paid $300 for this V1