Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Unhappy My V1 is broken.

I bought my V1 4 years ago on ebay. It was new and the original box was still shrink wrapped. Its a 3.863.

Unfortunately, it has crapped out on me today .

I have to run it in U mode over here for the Redflex vans. I certainly helps with the K band range. However, when I looked at my concealed display here today, only the bottom half of the U was showing. Something like this I_I .

I thought this was weird so I shot at it with my Bushnell and it was only barely alerting to it but only as Ka band . It is not alerting to any falses on K band either.

I then went into programming and changed it back to A mode and it shows up as little L or "I_" mode on the screen despite that I have not changed the settings to put it in that mode . It does alert to K band in that mode but I seem to remember it was stronger on the regular falses before. Either way, in A (or whatever it thinks its in) mode it will not do much good for me over here .

I have tried the V1 on both the hardwire and cigarette lighter plug cords and its the same on both.

It is a 3.863 and there is still no E showing up either .

My settings on it are as follows...

1: arrow down
    2: arrow up
    3: arrow up
    4: arrow up
    5, 6, 7, 8 : arrow up
    A E F G H I J : arrow up
    U : arrow down (euro mode on)

Has anyone ever seen this before? I can imagine that not many users on here use theirs in U mode so Im guessing not but any advice would be appreciated .

I am probably going to have to send it in for repairs. Thankfully I have someone with a US address that will return it to me afterwards because VR will not ship outside the US.

Default Re: My V1 is broken.

Sounds like it's ready to be sent in man. Can't expect any electronics to last forever.

V1 Zombie

Hope you get it sorted out Dude.

Radar Fanatic

I would send it in.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev View Post
    I am probably going to have to send it in for repairs. Thankfully I have someone with a US address that will return it to me afterwards because VR will not ship outside the US.
    I was going to say, if you need someone to help you ship it to VR, I could do that for you. Looks like you have that covered. Good luck!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lostdaytomorrow View Post
    Sounds like it's ready to be sent in man. Can't expect any electronics to last forever.
    I know that but despite being 4 years old, it has only covered about 45,000 miles with the car since I bought it. That was not a lot IMO. It is also going to be awkward and all the postage (from me to VR, from VR to my conatct and from them to me) is going to make it very expensive. That and I have a long road trip next week as well so I do need it. Thankfully I have my STi-R Plus so its not too bad and it is still detecting laser so not a total loss. I do have jammers for that BTW .

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1 View Post
    Hope you get it sorted out Dude.

Thanks .
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I would send it in.
    Going to have to .
    Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    I was going to say, if you need someone to help you ship it to VR, I could do that for you. Looks like you have that covered. Good luck!
    Thanks for the offer mate much appreciated .
    Last edited by corkguykev; 11-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Well, I rang VR tonight and talked to Michael. Not Mike V but one of the tech guys and he solved the problem for me.

It turns out that I set it into little u mode myself by accident. I must have held down the mute button for 3 seconds or more and that is how you change the modes to L and little L etc when in A mode also. Little u mode is for places that have Ka band only and therefore, K band is disabled when it is set to that.

I have fixed it by holding the mute down again for 3 seconds and it is back in big U mode and detecting K band again .

Great news but I feel like a clown now after that . At least I dont have to send it back anyway as that would have been a PITA.

If you are reading this Michael, thanks very much mate .

Experienced

Noob

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
    Noob
    I know. Some langer eh ?

At least I got it sorted out though. Id feel a lot worse if I had sent it back to them and paid money to find out .

Experienced

only re-reading your original post i noticed that you mentioned 'I_I' , it didnt click with me what was wrong. If you had said that the display used to read U but was now reading u , i would have told you what was wrong.

(i'd get that sticky auto mute button looked at )