Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Ka "Junk" Signal... how does it work?

So today I was driving on about 15+psl and I see a truck coming the other way flash their headlights. I slow down, and almost right after I get two dots on Ka band. However, it gave the "j" alert. I still slowed down, and about a mile later was a LEO. It didn't alert to his radar at all. So here's my question..

How does this feature work??? Will it just block out the signal if it picks it up again?? I'm wondering if he was running Ka and my v1 just ignored it because it thought it was junk... since I'm about to take another 1200 mile each way road trip I need to know if I should be changing some settings...

Good Citizen

Default Re: Ka "Junk" Signal... how does it work?

What are your programmed settings on your V1?

Experienced

I was running x band off (not used here) and had it in all bogeys mode

Good Citizen

Could've been around a junk RD and a LEO. You didn't get a multiple bogey count? Out of tune RADAR gun?

Good Citizen

I remember a while back someones V1 said a cops Ka band was "Junk". Ever since then whenever my V1 "J's out" a signal I always turn it off and on to reset it and make sure it truly was junk.

As far as how it works I have no idea, I know there are some very smart people on this forum who probably do understand it who can provide a much better answer than my educated guess. But for now just turn it off and back on again just to double check your actually getting a false alert and not an actual cop.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by TerragonSix View Post
    Could've been around a junk RD and a LEO. You didn't get a multiple bogey count? Out of tune RADAR gun?
    now that i think about it, it did say 2 on the bogey counter

Good Citizen

There you go. One of the signals could've been a junker, the other actual. If you're on the highway, ANY Ka band detection should be taken seriously.

Radar Fanatic

V1 did what it was supposed too, made you slow down FTW.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    So today I was driving on about 15+psl and I see a truck coming the other way flash their headlights. I slow down, and almost right after I get two dots on Ka band. However, it gave the "j" alert. I still slowed down, and about a mile later was a LEO. It didn't alert to his radar at all. So here's my question..

How does this feature work??? Will it just block out the signal if it picks it up again?? I'm wondering if he was running Ka and my v1 just ignored it because it thought it was junk... since I'm about to take another 1200 mile each way road trip I need to know if I should be changing some settings...

It does happen now and again sadly, (@$@(*# cobra...) but I do the same thing, I turn it off and back on when I get a J to be sure when running in town(happens maybe once every two weeks if that?(I always spot the offending RD and zap em with K band tho bwahaha...revenge)..and I have had it J out a real threat before, but only once I think...guy in front of me had an ancient "uber 9 band" cobra and a leo with an MPH 33.8 was coming the other way with C/O(all they used in my home town) and was stuck at a red light, V1 had about three led's of strength, then it J'd it out, I turned off the V1 then back on and I had full KA ...not too big of a deal, ANY alert and my foot comes off the pedal and if you're really paranoid like I am, turn off the KA filter on the interstate

Radar Fanatic

I have never had a "J" signal when Ka guard is off, so that is one option if there are not a lot of Cobra users on the road with you.

GTO_04