Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 52 mm V1 gauge?

Good Citizen

Default 52 mm V1 gauge?

a few months ago I saw a round Booster gauge integrated with a V1 gadget being sold on Ebay. haven't seen it anymore. does anyone know where to buy this round gauge which is 52 mm in size? this was never a V1 genuine part or was it? what does the other Booster option do besides showing laser/radar alerts? is it a gauge for turbo cars only?

Experienced

Default Re: 52 mm V1 gauge?

Podi.ca | Gauge solutions for Audi and VW

they have one with and without the boost gauge.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    Podi.ca | Gauge solutions for Audi and VW they have one with and without the boost gauge.
    thanks man. the boost gauge is useless for non turbo cars, paying for 2 options and only using one is expensive. From Podi advert **NOTE** The text shown on the display face in the picture is not shown on the actual display What does this mean? when a laser alert is on doesn't letter L illuminate or the other bands lettering in contrast color?

Experienced

There isn't any text on it at all. So it doesn't say x, k, ka, l, front, mid, rear...

Good Citizen

There isn't any text on it at all. So it doesn't say x, k, ka, l, front, mid, rear...
    At night it must be very difficult to know what alert is on with Podi display? It's the same with Valentines concealed display, it's difficult to know which led/alert is on when everything is red. I think buying a Podi might be a flop?

Experienced

I think if you know the location of the LEDs, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. When I hear my V1 go off I know what band it is right away, it is just the location that i have to check my concealed display for.

Good Citizen

I think if you know the location of the LEDs, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. When I hear my V1 go off I know what band it is right away, it is just the location that i have to check my concealed display for.
    I wish V1 would have had backlight illumination for laser/radarband marks on the white part of the Head Unit display. Backlight illumination would be a great upgrade on these boring designed detectors. V1 must do something else to improve the recognition of each threats! It's sometimes difficult to remember each alert if it's a false or real threat if you don't hear them often? For now a colorcoded concealed display is the only best friend in night time traffic that you can depend on if you have hard time remembering each sound threats.
    Last edited by kowalski; 12-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Speed Demon

Booster gauge Well what do you know ! WOW, v1 modifiers have been coming up with things right and left now.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    I wish V1 would have had backlight illumination for laser/radarband marks on the white part of the Head Unit display. Backlight illumination would be a great upgrade on these boring designed detectors. V1 must do something else to improve the recognition of each threats! It's sometimes difficult to remember each alert if it's a false or real threat if you don't hear them often? For now a colorcoded concealed display is the only best friend in night time traffic that you can depend on if you have hard time remembering each sound threats.
    That would be nice, but I don't ever have a problem identifying the band. If you get laser interceptors you can get voice alerts for the band (k, ka, x)

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    That would be nice, but I don't ever have a problem identifying the band. If you get laser interceptors you can get voice alerts for the band (k, ka, x)
    it's a design flaw at dark not seing which letter of alert is going on. each alert has a different sound, for me it will be confusing if I forget what each alert sonded like and then mixing them up. V1 Research needs to add backlit illumination on each display lettering and not only showing red dots! Don't they have a customers improvement idea mailbox service? we need to mailbom them with complaints!