Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Question What's The Best Thing You Like About the V1?

For me, it's the sensitivity, especially on Ka. This RD blows away any I have had in the past 30 years as far as sensitivity (with this comes more trash signals but I can live with that).

Good Citizen

Default Re: What's The Best Thing You Like About the V1?

I like the arrows, knowing where LEO is instead of guessing where he is.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Q View Post
    For me, it's the sensitivity, especially on Ka. This RD blows away any I have had in the past 30 years as far as sensitivity (with this comes more trash signals but I can live with that).
    It's noisy as hell. I run mine every so often just to make me appreciate what a quiet detector can do for you

But in all seriousness, I like the fact that it can always be updated. I was an early adopter twenty years ago and I've had mine upgraded several times. The first ones were pretty quiet, but that was before they added Ka and laser to the unit and also before K band door openers.
    Last edited by Jon_Doh; 07-15-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    It's noisy as hell. I run mine every so often just to make me appreciate what a quiet detector can do for you

But in all seriousness, I like the fact that it can always be updated. I was an early adopter twenty years ago and I've had mine upgraded several times. The first ones were pretty quiet, but that was before they added Ka and laser to the unit and also before K band door openers.
    Oh but your a mean mean person aren't you J_D

Speed Demon

I actually Like the v1 once again with all the new upgrades.

Yes, I know I need help.

The arrows.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by exmeaguy View Post
    The arrows.
    There should be a sticky for v1 that says the v1 is not as noisy as you think after you tune it right

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post

Just old and crotchety

You can see from my signature that I started out with a Maxon so that tells you how long I've been using detectors, which makes me an old fart.

I do like the V1 and have used one for over 20 years and gone through several upgrade cycles. In fact, my first one only had two bands, X and K. That's kind of like having a tv with only two channels before cable or satellite

Just had to zing the zombies - gotta keep them on their toes.
    Last edited by Jon_Doh; 07-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post

Just old and crotchety

You can see from my signature that I started out with a Maxon so that tells you how long I've been using detectors, which makes me an old fart.

I do like the V1 and have used one for over 20 years and gone through several upgrade cycles. In fact, my first one only had two bands, X and K. That's kind of like having a tv with only two channels before cable or satellite

Just had to zing the zombies - gotta keep them on their toes.
    LOL Old farts are the best farts for they get marinated far longer that way.

Experienced

No matter what radar forum site I go to, "noisy" detection is the #1 complaint. But there is some ways around this problem. First by customizing the RD's sweeps (if this feature exists). Second, utilize any filters available to cut down some of the falses or non-LEO types of radar. And last, use a detector that has GPS filtering (though I'e seen some bad comments on this feature).

I am fortunate that 90% of my falses are on X band and since no one uses X around where I live/drive, switching off this band was a great help.

As Mr. V says, in order to not miss any true speed radar, you have to get lots of falses (factory settings on the V1) due to a high end RD's super sensitivity.

So falses are here to stay and minimizing them by whatever means is one way to "quiet" your RD.