Thread: New V1 useless.

Newcomer
    Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Default New V1 useless.

Ok so im a new to the V1 world and i just got my V1 last night hooked it up and installed YaV1. Have it set to K,KA setting and running the preset custom KA sweeps. Well when i was driving to work this morning, K band would not shut up. i was getting 3-5 alerts at a time, driving down the highway. It didnt matter wither i was in traffic or all by myself. This isnt my first detector and im aware of the falses from the newer cars, but i wasnt around any newer cars that had the auto cruise or the blind spot sensors. I dont have the traffic sensors either on the highway either. I switched the V1 back to normal factory settings and everything was fine, Is there a way i can custom K sweeps? I know that K band is used alot in my area but dont know of the frequencies. My V1 is running 3.8945 if that matters. Im also gonna read into blocking K falses cause i know of alot that i can block once i figure out how, also does blocking a curtain location(ex-a hotel) block all the alerts that are the same frequencies? or just that one?

Manufacturer

Default Re: New V1 useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dpzelenak View Post
    Ok so im a new to the V1 world and i just got my V1 last night hooked it up and installed YaV1. Have it set to K,KA setting and running the preset custom KA sweeps. Well when i was driving to work this morning, K band would not shut up. i was getting 3-5 alerts at a time, driving down the highway. It didnt matter wither i was in traffic or all by myself. This isnt my first detector and im aware of the falses from the newer cars, but i wasnt around any newer cars that had the auto cruise or the blind spot sensors. I dont have the traffic sensors either on the highway either. I switched the V1 back to normal factory settings and everything was fine, Is there a way i can custom K sweeps? I know that K band is used alot in my area but dont know of the frequencies. My V1 is running 3.8945 if that matters. Im also gonna read into blocking K falses cause i know of alot that i can block once i figure out how, also does blocking a curtain location(ex-a hotel) block all the alerts that are the same frequencies? or just that one?
    The problem that all detector owners have to deal with is k-band alerting from obnoxious lane departure and cruise control systems of auto mobiles. If you search here you'll find plenty of discussion about it.

You can filter out such alerts to a great extent by using the TMF2 filtering option.

Beyond that you can create k-band auto muting by a frequency window. Unlike Ka band, k band is quite narrow relatively.

I have made my V1 quite quiet by these approaches.

Start with engaging TMF2. It will make a world of difference.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

i was just reading about the TMF2, how do i turn that on? Do i use the app or manually have to turn it on?

Newcomer

Untitled.jpg

According to the V1 website i should already have TMF turned on right?
    let me know if the pic doesnt work right it wont let me click on the image to view it.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by dpzelenak View Post
    Untitled.jpg

According to the V1 website i should already have TMF turned on right?
    let me know if the pic doesnt work right it wont let me click on the image to view it.
    Yes, it did.

I would recommend that you go through the programming steps to confirm.

I haven't used YaV1 yet, but customizing settings are very easy on the V1Connection app.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook