Newcomer

Default So what happened to v1?

So what happened to V1?I was in a trip in Canada and didn't realize radar detectors were illegal there and had mine confiscated. Stupid mistake on my part to not research it. Anyway...I tried to order a new one and they have been showing out of stock for quite a while now. Anyone have any info?

Advanced Member

Default Re: So what happened to v1?

Quote Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
    So what happened to V1?I was in a trip in Canada and didn't realize radar detectors were illegal there and had mine confiscated. Stupid mistake on my part to not research it. Anyway...I tried to order a new one and they have been showing out of stock for quite a while now. Anyone have any info?
    Hi DB. That's an excellent question. The last V1 made and FCC tested date was 2014. Valentine is either going out of business, or they have not released a new model. However, a new 2014 V1 is old tech. Time to shop elsewhere.

The **ONLY LEGAL** providence's in Canada you can run one are:

Alberta
    British Columbia
    Saskatchewan

Hope that helps.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

My understanding is that they are having problems with a parts supplier. Going out of business is pure speculation.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by camkuhns View Post
    My understanding is that they are having problems with a parts supplier. Going out of business is pure speculation.
    Nice update! I never speculate, and as I mentioned, they may have a new model on the horizon. That's wonderful if true. The beauty of capitalism is alive. Watch out R7. Parts shortage? China trade issue, or something else? A couple links on "parts speculation" would be dandy. I love turning speculation into science.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

I don’t like speculation either. The speculation and parts shortage come from another radar detector forum that I frequent. Some people speculate that Valentine is done and as for the parts, my impression is that they have a supplier and will be manufacturing more V1’s soon.