Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer

chill, chill

i know i said i didn't have a camera, but my dig cam can take a few mins of vids and I just got my whistler pro 73 over the weekend.. videos will come soon, patience ;D

Speed Demon

The parts that are workable are mostly standing showing the distance , I got a dig. camera and when I was checking the videos the one whereI'm getting to the resting place does not work....

Wanted to ask if any one can edit it?

Experienced

yea the only thing about the pro58 that i was unhappy with was the range on the KA. I was severley unhappy with it. I would get only like a 3 reading from like 30 feet away i think the guys around here are using some super stealth KA technology or my pro58 at least blew at KA

Experienced

I dont know make sure your pro 58 is sitting just ever so slightly below the rear view mirror. Also consider some officers might not have their ka gun on full power hence the range loss. On their side it makes it harder for them to lock onto you. I have driven by some cops pretty fast and have gotten very short ka readings and I just slow down and the cops never turn around. I had times where I get real long ka alerts so. I think its realtive. Although if you believe you ka is really really bad. You could send it to whistler to ensure its working at peak performance. Just remember some detectors can be friday detectors. Infact I recommend anytime you buy a new detector to use your warranty right off the bat and send it in to make sure its working properly. Shipping, Stockers can be real mean to detectors.

Experienced

na ive even looked at the LIdar results or what ever the pro58 was kinda lacking in the KA area's i think its just to good for ka if its off the side of the road wierd angles ect.

Experienced

Weird I never gotten really short ka readings. O well.

Good Citizen

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I too would enjoy some good pro-73 videos. I was able to get an Olympus Stylus 710 for about 50% off at work, and I'll be keeping it in my car and hopefully catching some good hits. It's small enough that I can just keep it in the case in my center console and take it out whenever I need it.

I'll charge it up and configure it tonight to try and get some videos going. BFG do you still have that server? I have really no means of video hosting.

Anyone else wanna shoot some video with me? I would love to see an edited video of Whistler Pro 73 and Pro 58 police encounters. I own both the 58 and 73, so I'll be shooting video for both units.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by the_Flash083
    na ive even looked at the LIdar results or what ever the pro58 was kinda lacking in the KA area's i think its just to good for ka if its off the side of the road wierd angles ect.
    The Pro-58 can detect Ka quite competently -- surely its range won't compare with the V1's, but often time that kind of absurdly increased range does not translate to real-life usefulness.

Radar detection has so many environmental factors. A clever cop can situate hhimself at such an angle and position and fire constant-on Ka such that that even the V1 would only get a few seconds at best of head warning.