Good Citizen

Default I WOULD TAKE POP MODE AND PUT BACK ON MY 995 BUT..

THE problem is the range on k and ka band range is way shorter when pop mode is on or enabled. so since i have maybe ionly seen it really once or so, do i need to use it since it throws my range off? plus it isnt like theres alot of pop mode around is there? melbourne, fl. dan

Advanced Member

There's no question that there are POP-capable radar units in Florida.
    But, it is very possible that these units might not have the POP feature enabled. I posted about this before, here's an excerpt from the manual:

I don't know what implications this has for certain. It might be possible that there is some kind of legal restriction to using POP in Florida. Some in the past have suggested that since Florida law requires use of doppler audio, that might be an issue that prevents them from using POP.

Jim

Radar Fanatic

The question is if POP must be disabled on radars used in FL. Just because POP mode isn't supposed to be used doesn't mean that it won't be.

I didn't know that Ka and K range was shorter on the 995 when POP mode was enabled! I tried a 995 and left POP mode on. This explains why the V1 (1.7) was spanking the 995 big time on K and Ka band, while the 985 was just about the equal of the V1. Of course the 985 does not have POP mode.

GTO_04

Newcomer

Hmm i am thinking of turning pop mode off now on my bel 995. I have had about 2 pop alerts in the last 3 months but i think they were all false alerts. One i am guessing on though, i received a pop reading and then it went off and then about 10 seconds later a ka band showed up for about 10 seconds... so hmmmmmm.

Professional

i've also had a similar experience^, it went POP POP than i saw Ka 38.8 on my spec display :shock: so i'm leaving it on

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    i've also had a similar experience^, it went POP POP than i saw Ka 38.8 on my spec display :shock: so i'm leaving it on
    off topic

EVO X first time in public 10 Sec Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlCjHiZUQ1g

Professional

WOW thanks for the link STi (sorry for short highjack)