Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good Citizen

Default Re: 33.8 fix works--and now gets amazing 34.7 range as well

Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i
    Have a 23/07 Sti that I just got back on Friday that was 33.8 flashed.

First off, the 33.8 fix really works. Got a huge alert on 33.8, well over a mile, from a stationary cop on the right shoulder, and me in the left lane, 4 lanes over, in heavy traffic. Nice initial alert, and the Sti didn't lock out the signal. Good.
    Yeah, but it's still got the 'pacing bug'.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...978&highlight=

Lead Foot

Default Re: 33.8 fix works--and now gets amazing 34.7 range as well

Quote Originally Posted by methos
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry540i
    Have a 23/07 Sti that I just got back on Friday that was 33.8 flashed.

First off, the 33.8 fix really works. Got a huge alert on 33.8, well over a mile, from a stationary cop on the right shoulder, and me in the left lane, 4 lanes over, in heavy traffic. Nice initial alert, and the Sti didn't lock out the signal. Good.
    Yeah, but it's still got the 'pacing bug'.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...978&highlight=
    Aww give them time, they pretty much had to close down the company and piss off practically every STi customer they had to "fix" the 33.8 bug that they claimed never existed....maybe one day they will fix the pacing bug *smart*** grin*

Radar Fanatic

I would love for someone to send their Sti back to Belscort and ask them to fix the "pacing bug." 8)

J/

Hi everyone,

Today, I had to make a quick trip to my brother's house 70 miles away in order to fix his home computer network. Finally, my re-flashed STi was hit with Ka instant-on by the GSP. I was on a long straightaway and I spotted the approaching GSP (I saw his light rack) rounding a curve in the far distance. I quickly yet moderately stomped on the brakes while the GSP was still rounding the curve since I was driving 8 mph over the PSL, about 2 seconds before the GSP hit me with Ka instant-on. My STi's signal strength meter instantly displayed nearly full signal strength, and the distance between me and the GSP was about 3/4 of a mile. I was very impressed with how strongly my re-flashed STi was registering the GSP's radar gun from 3/4 mile away. Does anyone have a good guess as to what Ka frequency and radar gun the GSP hit me with?

Darn it! I wish that I had left my STi's display set for tech mode. I did have my STi's display set for tech mode earlier in the trip, but I put it back into standard display mode since I didn't think that I would encounter a GSP on the rural highway which I was on, and since I had my car stereo cranked up and wanted to see a visual signal strength for any radar encounters. I would have loved to know what Ka frequency the GSP was using.

On my return trip late this evening after fixing my brother's computer networking -- nothing -- not one LEO during the entire 70 mile return trip!

--Michael

Good Citizen

Just a quick update:

I received my updated STi from Beltronics last week. I had a really old A1M7 (S/N AX0002##) that is now flashed to A4M9 with the latest bugfixes. The included note indicates that the K/Ka antenna assembly was replaced as well the expected software update.

I had three encounters with Metro today, all on 33.8, and all with plenty of advance warning. One was even 90° off-axis at an intersection, with at least two city blocks of perpendicular warning.

Consider me a happy camper.