Thread: STi and Laser

Newcomer

Default STi and Laser

Got hit with laser yesterday at dusk doing 90+ (I-94 from Port Huron, Michigan to Detroit) . . . STi went crazy, I slammed the brakes and nearly lost it but managed and just kept driving. State cop pulled out, I took my STi down and tossed it under the seat (I knew I was getting pulled over and didn't want to piss him off with my RD on the windshield) - he pulled me over, I gave him my license and registration, he checked everything out, came back and said he clocked me at 81 and to slow down! . . . just a warning and no ticket!

Good Citizen

Default STi and Laser.

I have also had such luck, where my reaction time came out on top as well. So a laser alert is not always a ticket alert.

Speed Demon

I was worried about the STi's laser performance as well since my V1 is king of the hill on laser. I've been hit twice with laser and luckily I wasn't speeding, but most importantly the STi did pick them up.

Speed Demon

I was worried about the STi's laser performance as well since my V1 is king of the hill on laser. I've been hit twice with laser and luckily I wasn't speeding, but most importantly the STi did pick them up.

Good Citizen

Default Re: STi and Laser.

Quote Originally Posted by below_the_radar
    I have also had such luck, where my reaction time came out on top as well. So a laser alert is not always a ticket alert.
    tifosi didn't manage to get under the PSL in time, so it still sounds like a ticket notifier to me. It's just that the LEO decided not to write the ticket THIS time.

Professional

If you guys don't wanna miss a laser hit,just get a ZR3 that way you can use the laser defense in receive mode only as a laser warning .

Good Citizen

Hey guys, here's my video with my STi mounted above the RVM and the STi still alerted to Laser. I was approx 500-600 feet away from the LEO when he shot me.

YouTube - STi vs LTI 20/20

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    Hey guys, here's my video with my STi mounted above the RVM and the STi still alerted to Laser. I was approx 500-600 feet away from the LEO when he shot me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeXwdp2sm50
    Yeb,had the same numerous times,with the unit up near the RVM,Infact I find it better than my V1.

as I have always said in regards to laser and tint strip

I have done extensive testing with Laser and tint strip with kustom prolaser and lti ultrlyte and ther eis NO loss of detection on laser and radar being behind the tint strip.

Lead Foot

The fact remains though, that even with the best of warning you're gong to get a ticket. Jammers are the only way to go.