Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Blinder M20 rear punch throughs

I have a white Hyandi elantra, and I put an M20 on the back. I tested it with a LTI 20/20 and had pt like crazy. The unit was professionally installed, and I check to make sure it was level and square with the side of the car. The heads are about 14" apart to the top left and right of licence plate. I had pts at the licence plate and tail lights.
    The unit is new, and I am very disapointed with it performance. My question is - I have two more heads ( the unit was a m40) would I get any better performance if the put a third head between the other heads?

side note : I get JTGs on the front with dual LPPs installed.

Advanced Member

LED based jammers have a hard time covering the rear of cars....The rear of a car is hard to stealth out

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

True, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other better products out there. Bill was getting PTs on plate and taillights (latter isn't a surprise). Same location, same gun, different car - Mousie's single head LPP v7.0 was JFG all the way, PTs all the way on taillights.

Bill - I think you should mount the temp mount the heads and test it again.

Old Timer

^ I agree, approach your setup as "temporary" until testing has shown to you what you need to do to get the protection you feel comfortable with.

I've currently got my two LPP heads set up "temporarily," awaiting testing.

See if one LPP head isn't enough to cover your front end, and try the other one at the rear. Especially if you had two blinder heads up-front and out back, sharing coverage with one LPP head, each, you may be able to get very, very good protection (even if it isn't JTG).

I would also try the single LPP *alone* at the rear, to see if just that is enough to cover your Six. If so, you can even move the other two Blinder heads to the front to further protect your front end and further supplement the single LPP there.

Cheetah Rep

got a pic?

what were the PT distances? were they up close, then jam the rest. or longer range PT's?

a few adjustments may help out quite a bit, but a pic will help to see if anything can be adjusted better or not.

Banned

The shooter was getting readings all the way, from 100 ft to over 1800 ft. I don't think the M20 jammed a single shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    got a pic?

what were the PT distances? were they up close, then jam the rest. or longer range PT's?

a few adjustments may help out quite a bit, but a pic will help to see if anything can be adjusted better or not.

Cheetah Rep

:shock:
    damn, somethings not right. 2 heads should cover past around 200-300'

either blinder was messing with a few things and lost performance on the LTI or something. maybe use a camera to make sure both head are firing. also tilt them up slightly. it seems jammers tend to put out a bit more light when angled up, according to the IR cameras.

if 2 don't work, i don't see a third one in between working either.

any pics?

Banned

LittleOverPSL might have videos up later. I didn't use my camcorder that day.

You new sig is funny, btw

:shock:
    *BEEP*, somethings not right. 2 heads should cover past around 200-300'

either blinder was messing with a few things and lost performance on the LTI or something. maybe use a camera to make sure both head are firing. also tilt them up slightly. it seems jammers tend to put out a bit more light when angled up, according to the IR cameras.

if 2 don't work, i don't see a third one in between working either.

any pics?

Founder of Stealthvation

got a pic?

Yeah guys listen to this clown because he knows ALL ABOUT PT's. With all of the jammers that he owns I will still get 10,000' PT's!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Cheetah Rep

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    got a pic?

Yeah guys listen to this clown because he knows ALL ABOUT PT's. With all of the jammers that he owns I will still get 10,000' PT's!
    my sig says it all.

mouse,
    agreed.