Thread: Painting?

Speed Demon

Default Painting?

I hate how the x50 is silver and doesn’t match then interior of my car (black).I was wondering if I could just take off the shell of the detector without ****ing it up? I have done some modding to electronics like putting a Modchip in my Xbox and fixing my old Nintendo. I just didn’t want it to be less effective if I did it.

Professional

it should be fine , jst make sure you use a water based paint so the plastic would not duffer . If any paint shoud affect detection , let me know , then you would have discovered a stealth paint !

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by 411radarlover
    it should be fine , jst make sure you use a water based paint so the plastic would not duffer . If any paint shoud affect detection , let me know , then you would have discovered a stealth paint !
    We both could go in buisness together selling stealth paint

Yoda of Radar

If you want it to look proper, get a junk Passport 7500 and snap off the case, snap it on the X50.

Better yet, snag a working 7500 off ebay, swap the cases between your units and sell the 7500 as an X50 !

If you paint the two case halves it might not look too good, but performance should be fine. Make sure to use something that goes on proper, do not want to insulate the heat in the unit.

Or if you want, send me the X50 and I'll send you a black detector...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    If you want it to look proper, get a junk Passport 7500 and snap off the case, snap it on the X50.

Better yet, snag a working 7500 off ebay, swap the cases between your units and sell the 7500 as an X50 ! [replacer_img]

If you paint the two case halves it might not look too good, but performance should be fine. Make sure to use something that goes on proper, do not want to insulate the heat in the unit.

Or if you want, send me the X50 and I'll send you a black detector...
    I never thought about that good idea :wink: .Also sure i will ship it to you so you can send me a black radio shack detector or V1 :wink:

Lead Foot

Use vinyl dye, available at auto stores. Practice on computer bezels first.
    Vinyl dye is paint that does not skin. It's a spray paint. You can mist it on in multiple coats and get really good results.
    Use a charcoal face mask and use it outdoors. The solvent is a respiratory irritant.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat
    Also sure i will ship it to you so you can send me a black radio shack detector or V1 :wink:
    Hey whatever... I'll send you my own personal unit that I currently use to protect me daily... so take a guess what kind it is...