Thread: Hello world

Default Hello world

Hello all

Like many others I'm here wondering what to buy after a strong suspicion I got pinged by a van last week.

I'm totally confused as there seem to be a number of products which attract an equal amount of flaming (laser star, pro park, laser interceptor) and there don't seem to be too many recent tests.

So (at the risk of starting flame wars again) any recommendations on what to fit to the front of a Mk 5 Golf, preferably backed up with a UK based test.

Anyhoo, Hello world, nice to meet you all

snoopyc4

Default Re: Hello world

Welcome to the forum. Was the van using radar or was there an officer in the van using laser? The best laser jammer system that will prevent you from getting "pinged" again is the Laser Interceptor. Stay away from Laser Star.

Yoda of Radar

On a good day, there are really only two viable choices: Laser Interceptor and Blinder. Right now, Blinder is in revised production and not in stock yet, so that leaves only one choice until they hit the streets and get tested. If you're on a budget, and have a few weeks to wait, that may be your best bet. Check the FAQ in my signature for more jammer info.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Thanks both. The other question is whether the Laser Interceptor in Europe is the same as the ones you guys can buy in the US. The UK dealer appears to have been disowned by the main site.

How do people keep up with this stuff?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Squeaker View Post
    Thanks both. The other question is whether the Laser Interceptor in Europe is the same as the ones you guys can buy in the US. The UK dealer appears to have been disowned by the main site.

How do people keep up with this stuff?
    Yes, they are the same. Forum member Laser-InterceptorUSA is also the UK distributor. I suggest you send him a PM if you need any questions answered.

Newcomer

How do people keep up with this stuff?[/QUOTE]

Just keep your eyes on this forum. You'll learn so much it's scary. Welcome and good luck with your countermeasures.

Cheers!

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, the politics in this industry are brutal. It's hard to tell the players without a scorecard. The site you are seeing is bogus. LI is alive and well in the UK. The US distributor takes care of it, so just PM him or contact him through his site.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob