Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Bought it! LI Dual!

I just bought a LI Dual for my 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara! Now the longest week of my life will be waiting for Fedex to place it on my door step. Do I have to be home to sign it? They always come when I'm at work...

What about speaker? Is it possible to put it in the door where the tweeter should be (my car doesn't have them since it's base model, but it has the plastic piece which makes it look like they are there). I don't know which speaker is good for the LI.

Can someone explain the parking aid a bit more? It stays on and beeps for 30 seconds when I turn my car on? Might get annoying since 30 seconds I'm already down the street? I don't know if I'm interested in the parking aid, so do I have to hook it to my computer to turn it off?

Should I hook it to my computer and update the firmware, etc.?

What about shutting the LI off and on? Use the switch, or is it ok to turn off the car and have that shut the LI off (or will the LI stay on)?

Thanks!

Speed Demon

Default Re: Bought it! LI Dual!

Holy questions. I literally just installed my external speaker to my LI, and it makes a world of difference. I'll post a picture of what it looks like when I get home. I have a 07 chevy cobalt (coupe) and I placed the speaker right under my glove compartment on the passengers side. That thing is LOUD. Before, I could barely here it when I was blaring music...now it alerts over the music, which is awesome.

Parking aid: It does not beep for 30 seconds, it stays on for 30 seconds. It will only beep if your vehicle has something in front of it. If it doesn't have anything in front of it then the CPU will announce (parking aid is deactivated), this is the default settings.

Knowing Cliff, I guarantee you have the latest software on your LI's, so there should be no reason to have to hook your CPU up to your computer.

Regarding to LI's power: You'll have a switch in the car for JTK purposes. If you've hard wired your V1 then the power to the LI works exactly the same; when you turn your car off, the LI goes off. It works exactly the same as a hardwired radar detector. So yes, you can learn the LI switch turned "on" all the time, since it will only turn on when the car starts.

I'm surprised you have 600 posts but know so little about LI's, hah.

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Speed Demon

I know so little about them because I never really needed one. Now I have a new job that I drive 40 miles a day roundtrip on the highway and a lot more local municipalities have laser guns now for my local driving. I bought from this site (Roy's Radar Busters), so is it still the latest up to date version?

I still don't understand the parking aid sensor. Will it turn off automatically after 30 seconds, then be ready for my next laser encounter? Or do I have to do something? If I am parallel parked somewhere, it seems it would be annoying if I have an external speaker?

Your LI shipped today with the latest Firmware. Just install, plug and play.

The PA is active for ONLY 10 seconds after start-up. As it is not meant to be a substitute for an OEM PA, do not use it as such. The LI is a first and foremost a Laser Jammer, NOT a PA.

Install the CPU, that contains the speaker, near your seating position and NOT inside your dash. The best location is Velcroed to the underside area of your steering column so the Voice Alerts from the CPU's built in speaker project towards your seating position and so you can easily access it if and when an update for new LIDARs is needed. Once installed, if you feel it is still not loud enough, you may add an external speaker. See page 9 of the LI User's Manual for complete instructions on how to do so.

Please feel free to email me directly at cliff@laser-interceptorusa.com or call should you have any questions at all.

Cliff
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 07-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Speed Demon

Thanks for the info!

A few last questions for now, what about car washes? I have an unlimited car wash plan (Delta Sonic) where the people spray the car with the high powered hoses, then it goes on the conveyer belt and is washed, then dryed by the jet looking blowers then the people on the other side dry it with cloths. Is that ok or too harsh for the jammers?

What about rocks and debris?

What about in the winter with snow, ice, and the overall harsh upstate NY winters?

If you use an Automatic Car Wash, you will have to go to a "touch-less" or a "Hanna" type with the soft blue towels and not the fast hard spinners or they will get knocked out of alignment or my be damaged. If you use those hand wands, NO spraying on the sensors directly! At 250 psi, it will force water past the seals which is NOT covered under Warranty. The blowers pose no problems.

As to your concern about road debris, the sensor masks are made of an impact resistance material and are designed to resist the extremes of wear and weathering resulting from expose to sand, debris and rocks, salt, snow etc from being mounted on the front of vehicles and still maintain their full functional capabilities without any degradation. They are also covered by the 2 Year Warranty.

Cliff

Speed Demon

It's touchless... this is from their website:
    "Our Touch-less Car Wash has special high pressure sprays and soft, mild lotions with just a touch of overhead buffing cloth to make your car sparkle."

My concern is still the high PSI sprayers they use. I don't know why they always spray the front of the car when it's just the grill that they're really spraying. My car gets very dirty though, so I usually go 3 times a week ($12.99 a month of unlimited car washes, not a bad deal). Can I cover the jammers up with anything before I go through? I know they always put a sleeve on my back windshield wiper. I might have to stop going and do it myself. There's usually 2 or 3 people spraying the car before it enters the touchless car wash, so it'd be hard to say don't spray the front.

I use the Hanna Touchless with no problems. I cannot speak to your car wash but direct, close up high pressure and sensors do not mix.

Cliff

Speed Demon

When I go again I will see how far they are spraying away from it. How far is ok with the high PSI sprayers? Thanks!