Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 93 in 60

Good Citizen

Wow, a cop can estimate your speed and give you a ticket?! This is news to me...

Radar Fanatic

Yup. In many cases the officer's observation that you were speeding is the most important part. Radar/laser evidence is just the icing on the LEO's several hundred dollar cake. Their protocol is to establish a visual tracking history first and then worry about electronic measurement. Obviously that's now how it always pans out but anyone who chooses to go to court with a violation is up against much more than just how the officer used his equipment.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by vliou2173
    Wow, a cop can estimate your speed and give you a ticket?! This is news to me...
    They definitely can & will do this. I got a ticket exactly that way when I was 16 years old...........

~John

Speed Demon

Yep, racing is silly. That being said, I've been guilty of it plenty of times in the past. Usually to or just above PSL...but sometimes you've just got that guy or woman in that next car over who's just being an a$$ that you have to show up....

Still, 93 in a 60...that's not good and I sure wouldn't try and weasel or argue out of it. There are real consequences to our stupidity.

Radar Fanatic

Just a guess but I think if you are racing under the speed limit
    they can write you up for reckless or unsafe moving
    violation.

Speed Demon

Absolutely. You don't have to be speeding to do something stupid. :wink:

Radar Fanatic

Good Job

Good Citizen

I'll speed but I'll NEVER race on public roads. Racing on public roads deserve whatever the pigs give you.

OFFTOPIC: wow, I never knew the forum edited what you call leos until just now, lol.

Speed Demon

If a leo guesses your speed, I dont know how far it should go in court, I know that most leos do this...How the heck does that go far in court...
    Can you ask the leo how he read your speed in front of a judge, and make him look kinda off and beat it ?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth 795
    If a leo guesses your speed, I dont know how far it should go in court, I know that most leos do this...How the heck does that go far in court...
    Can you ask the leo how he read your speed in front of a judge, and make him look kinda off and beat it ?

When I got that exact ticket years ago, I tried to fight it in court but I lost.

The cop testified that I was clearly going faster than the prevailing traffic (I was) & in his trained eye I was obviously speeding. The judge said "that's good enough for me" & I was guilty.

~John