Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pikeville, Ky
    Posts
    286

    Default I've not been on in so long!

    I feel good again to be back to the forum!

    However, the x50 is going in for a tune up probably next week!


    How was your guys labor day weekend blitz in your area? I've driven to school and back for the past month with not one detection and then in one single night last night I got around 4 or 5 ka hits.

  2. #2
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    34

    Default

    hey, your rev 6.1 needs a tune up? How long have you had it?

  3. #3
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pikeville, Ky
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    hey, your rev 6.1 needs a tune up? How long have you had it?
    Since late Feb of this year, I'm sending it in for basically a check up 8)

  4. #4
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Have you seen a declined in performance?

    BTW, does Escort charge for a check-up, or is it covered under warranty?

  5. #5
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pikeville, Ky
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Have you seen a declined in performance?

    BTW, does Escort charge for a check-up, or is it covered under warranty?
    My x50 has been acting strange on Ka detection, not detecting the way it should. ProudNMA suggested I had a broken antenna so thats what i'll probably be getting checked out. My x50 on Ka has been performing like a Crapra.

    As for the warranty, i'm not positive. I'm sure it will cover my broken antenna, but I dont know about the "tuning" or not. I'll let one of the guys on here answer that, i'm sure there are a few escort owners that know the answer.

  6. #6
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Humm...that may explain why my KA range sucks. As I have already mentioned in other posts, I bought my x50 a few weeks ago. I was never impressed with the KA range. However, it fell off the windshield suction cups twice and smacked the dash. I wonder if my antenna is broken. :cry:

  7. #7
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, Florida
    Posts
    10,973

    Default Re: I've not been on in so long!

    Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005
    How was your guys labor day weekend blitz in your area? I've driven to school and back for the past month with not one detection and then in one single night last night I got around 4 or 5 ka hits.
    Oddly enough, nothing abnormal. I quite expected extra activity, but didn't see much.

  8. #8
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Humm...that may explain why my KA range sucks. As I have already mentioned in other posts, I bought my x50 a few weeks ago. I was never impressed with the KA range. However, it fell off the windshield suction cups twice and smacked the dash. I wonder if my antenna is broken. :cry:
    Mine's done that twice already. It gets so hot and I guess the suction cups cannot hold anymore. Fortunately, it hasn't shown any decrease in performance as a result. I don't have it mounted very high, either.

    One time I was worried that I might have broken it by accidentally leaving it on. I was driving my dad's car around for a day because my car's turn signal switch was smoking and I was waiting for the part to come in. The morning I went to pick up the part, I accidentally left the detector on in the car. Keep in mind its been over 90°F here and the car was parked for a few hours in the sun. I went to go move it back into my car. Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, OUCH! I thought I was going to end up with 1st degree burns on my fingers...
    Fortunately, though, it looks like the x50 pulled through.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. How long..
    By emckai in forum Escort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 05:35 AM
  2. Long very long time v1 customer needs a quieter journey
    By alexrx in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 09:19 PM
  3. How long does it last?
    By Inferno in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 11:11 PM
  4. for how long ?
    By pat99999 in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •