Thread: Ku coming soon?

Professional

Default Ku coming soon?

Let me get this straight.
    Did I read on another thread that Ku is coming to the USA this year?!

Advanced Member

I doubt KU will be coming anytime soon. If at all.

Yoda of Radar

SmaartAasSaabr says:

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Mark it down and quote me KU WILL NEVER be a threat here in the USA

Lead Foot

Even if it were approved this very day that Ku will be used in the USA it will be a very long time before it would be a threat. All of the Ka, K, and laser units that departments have now are making money every day for them and they will be in no hurry to buy new equipment.
    Also remember that all the Z guns are 16ms pop that isn't detectable by any RD except for the V1 and the V1 can only detect it 10% of the time at best so I dont really see a need to jump on new technology.

Old Timer

You know for a short time I thought the city to the north of me, miamisburg ohio had KU.

When I had my v1, i turned on KU- and it went to full alert, with a cop sitting to the side of the road. Turns out, a few weeks later, i passed the same spot and it did it again, but there was no cop. I think it maybe the wafflehouse...

That would be kickass, lets strap a KU drone to a mcdonalds some place... so everytime your detectors beeps KU, you can be like "OH! MCDONALDS!"

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    You know for a short time I thought the city to the north of me, miamisburg ohio had KU.

When I had my v1, i turned on KU- and it went to full alert, with a cop sitting to the side of the road. Turns out, a few weeks later, i passed the same spot and it did it again, but there was no cop. I think it maybe the wafflehouse...

That would be kickass, lets strap a KU drone to a mcdonalds some place... so everytime your detectors beeps KU, you can be like "OH! MCDONALDS!"
    I put a DRONE on my Mother in Laws forehead............She drives me and my V1 CRAZY.......

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by bogey

I put a DRONE on my Mother in Laws forehead............She drives me and my V1 CRAZY.......

Hehehehe

Manufacturer

As I understand it, this "story" never really had any legs to it.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Lead Foot

"OH! MCDONALDS!"
    Since I'm in FL, every time my V1 alerts to X band I always think "OH JOY, A CVS"

Seriously, if you were ever in need of a pharmacy, a V1 in the city will get you there QUICK.

Good Citizen

KU is trash!