Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Blinder M47 install on the Stealthmobile

Well, I finally finished installing the Blinder M47 on the Stealthmobile this morning. Any comments and criticisms are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blinder M47 install on the Stealthmobile

I give you a big for what you did. You were willing to sacrafice all stealth for performance for the front and rear. Something I have a hard time doing but understand why its needed. I expect nothing but JTG on that install against all guns. You have my deepest respect for willing to install it the way you did.

snoopyc4

Nice install. I can actually see your headlights now

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by DrCoke View Post
    I give you a big for what you did. You were willing to sacrafice all stealth for performance for the front and rear. Something I have a hard time doing but understand why its needed. I expect nothing but JTG on that install against all guns. You have my deepest respect for willing to install it the way you did.
    Thank you, my friend.

I was told on a few occasions that 4 heads up front on my car would be overkill. Honestly I was toying with putting all 4 heads up front at one time, not knowing if the rear mounting solution I came up with would work.

Who knows when NY State will start shooting people in the arse with LIDAR? I'd rather be prepared than not. I've heard also that up in Ontario they WILL pop you in the rear. Again, best to be prepared than to get a BIG ticket!!!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    Nice install. I can actually see your headlights now
    Thanks snoopy!

Yeah, that's only ONE coat of G4 on my headlights, not 3!!!

The taillights ALSO have one coat of G4 on them!!!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    [
    Who knows when NY State will start shooting people in the arse with LIDAR? I'd rather be prepared than not. I've heard also that up in Ontario they WILL pop you in the rear. Again, best to be prepared than to get a BIG ticket!!!

Yea, I learned the hard way. Rear is very rare but does happen. 1 d@m ticket was enough to cover 1 LI head. My rear 2 heads now cost 3 rear heads. I would rate rear shot at 5% in my area. I been hit in the rear roughly 5 times in 5 years of owning jammers. Do have excuses if you get pulled over and questioned. Learn from Outrun.

Yoda of Radar

Who knows when NY State will start shooting people in the arse with LIDAR?
    And you'll be the first to pwn them!

Looks sweet, bro! Unless you have mangled the alignment and levelling, that thing is untouchable now!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon

Install looks good. Hopefully no one tries to mess with the ones on the back; they're very noticeable. Be very careful in Ontario too. The OPP may or may not know what they are. All in all though, you're going to be golden against the NYSP at their Ultralytes.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    Install looks good. Hopefully no one tries to mess with the ones on the back; they're very noticeable. Be very careful in Ontario too. The OPP may or may not know what they are. All in all though, you're going to be golden against the NYSP at their Ultralytes.
    Our province is very anti countermeasures...I'd be verrrrry careful in Ontario...I'd be very sad to hear another confiscation + ticket story.

Excellent Job bud!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Who knows when NY State will start shooting people in the arse with LIDAR?
    And you'll be the first to pwn them!

Looks sweet, bro! Unless you have mangled the alignment and levelling, that thing is untouchable now!
    Thanks SS! I aligned the heads using a yardstick. Leveling I will have to double check, as my driveway is slightly angled.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    I hope not, too. Not very many people with jammers where I live. I could not place the rear heads at the top of my plate, as it would block the lighting. I am thinking of moving them there after I get a set of those LED license plate bolts. Given the amount of real estate in the back, where I have the rear heads currently is the IDEAL position for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo850turbo
    Our province is very anti countermeasures...I'd be verrrrry careful in Ontario...I'd be very sad to hear another confiscation + ticket story.

Excellent Job bud!
    But they're PARKING sensors, officer!

Believe me, I know. Not from personal first-hand experience though! That's why I got the STi Driver as my RD!!! I liked my ZR4 for the simple reason I could run it in just "receive mode", plus the rear head looked more concealed when I had a black license plate frame over the rear LP. I drove through Ontario and Quebec last August with no issues from either the OPP or SQ. Then again, I didn't see too many OPP until my return trip home (2 in total)!

The main reason I decided to go with the Blinder M47 is this:

It will NOT be obsolete when a new threat comes out!!! Like the STi Driver, the Blinder M47 is an investment in the future.
    Last edited by Qui-Gon; 03-21-2010 at 03:18 AM.