Thread: New V1 Owner.

Default New V1 Owner.

I just got a V1 from a friend because he was in need to $ to pay of student loans so i started using it today and love it so far. Is there a way to check the settings on it and what is your advice for settings to use. I go to school on Long Island and live in CT so any additional advice of what to look for in this area would be appreciated. I know i have to be aware of LIDAR and have been trying to keep my speed low since my last ticket, regardless of RD or not.

snoopyc4

Default Re: New V1 Owner.

You may want to check what software version it is. You can check the settings in programming mode. All of this is explained here:

Ask Mike - Report #3

If your V1 isn't a pre-POP V1, then I would turn POP off. On the highway, I would run it in A mode and in the city little l.

I went to Valentine One's website and put my serial number in and got:
    "V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8—POP2 with Euro Mode. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser."

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by laxb0rder View Post
    I went to Valentine One's website and put my serial number in and got:
    "V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8—POP2 with Euro Mode. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser."
    Ok, so you found out that it is a 1.8. To find out the software version, you have to do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vMqAqkRtLo]YouTube - How to check your V1's version[/ame]

I will check tomorrow what version I have, when i use it it shows an A in the bogey counter when there are no alerts, my guess that is A mode you were talking about. Is there an easy way to switch back and forth between that and l? Thank you for the quick replies and help.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by laxb0rder View Post
    Is there an easy way to switch back and forth between that and l?
    Yea, just hold the mute button down until you see the letter in the bogey counter change. If you are in A mode, it should change to little l mode. From little l mode, it will change to big L mode. Here is the owner's manual:

http://www.valentine1.com/Moreinfo/p...l_2009-i10.pdf

Check the Radar Bands By Town Thread and talk to CJR238 and Solidjake to find out what is used in your area. You may have the luxury of turning X band off.
    Last edited by snoopyc4; 04-06-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Professional

When in A mode you hold the mute button down till it switches to little l mode then if you hold the button down again it will go int L mode. Logic mode will not work unless it is setup for it. I have mine set to this:

Go to old goat's red outlined links in his signature
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...tml#post576580

This sticky is very useful also! At least I thought it was and it in the V1 forum:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-stickies.html