Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V1 Zombie

Default Got trademe/ebay V1 woops

Pls play while reading
    So I'm on this local site and I won a V1 for $415 NZ (over here the dealers rip us off $1200 for a new one thanks VR) The dude said the unit works he gave the s/n I checked it on VR's site yes it's a old one but hey who cares right......arrrrr well I do now. After depositing my hard earned cash into this vagabonds account I receive the unit. I was so excited it was like xmas as a small child you know new bike etc. The unit came with a window mount and a aftermarket lighter plug which was incorrectly wired. You know what while using this plug the poor little V1 power up but it was stuck in large "L" mode and wouldn't change I couldn't even check the programming as the unit wouldn't acknowledge the procedure. So I used my .872's plug and what do you know 3.789. Checked the programming and yes still factory mode GREAT lets paaarty or so I thought. Driving down the road I was thinking soon 2 k ban false alert's soon........ and......then....... NOTHING OMG It's completely dead on K band so ok X ban and yes dead, ok like lets go to a well known Ka drone and yes it alerted to it but only on the rear horn arrrr. So I emailed this prick as follows.

Dude so I put the $424 into your account. I received the V1 three days ago and have been testing it. I have found the unit to be faulty. Not what you said on trade me right?

1. X ban doesn't work at all.

2. K ban doesn't work at all. K ban is important because of New Zealand mobile speed cameras live in K ban.

3. Ka band (cop cars) only works on the back horn!

I have been running V1(s) for years. I'm not a newbie to radar detectors.

I know now this unit you sold me off trade is not working I'm very sure you knew it wasn't working before you sold it to me. (maybe)

so I would like my $424 + $9 that’s $433 for me sending the unit back to you in Pakuranga

I would like to deal with just you on this matter as I don't want to stuff your future trading on the trademe site.
    One not so happy customer.

P.S I would be happy to email you my account number at any time.

Teambubbles

His Reply#

Hi mate

i was used for all most tow years at works i dont no what you saying

Me#

Ok so you have been using a V1 for two years that's is not working correctly, You said it works. But it only works on the back end! I have another V1. Your V1 is not working as it should. For a start it never has a arrow pointing up that's the front alert so you know the radar is in front of you.. It alerts to cops only on the back antenna. It should alert front then rear as you drive by the cop your one does not. It's faulty man and that's that. I find it hard to believe you have used it for so long and have never figured out how it works???Check the link and educate yourself “V1 link”. As I said I would like my money back and I'll send the faulty V1 back to you no problem. It's that easy.

Next email no reply from him

So when are you going to give my money back to me?
    I have contacted trade me they have agree with me and they have given me some options.
    As I said I would like this to be clean with no problems.
    One other thing If you say the detector is working you should just refund my money I'll send the detector back to you then you can sell it again right?
    Teambubbles

On a side note for the Zombie nerds Looks like VR have changed the mount. My .872 mount is a almost a grey colour and a smooth surface with no hole in the middle of the bracket. My old .826 mount is the same as this 3.789 dark black with kind of dotty marks on it and a hole in the middle.

Last edited by ghz1; 06-11-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default Re: Got trademe/ebay V1 woops

let this be a cautionary tale

Power User

Last edited by v1user; 09-20-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Sorry to hear what happened. That's a shame dude.

But that video, LMAO!!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing. I appreciate your illustrating of the transaction with this video. If all else fails, email this video to the seller.

Good luck getting things straight!
    Last edited by Weeth; 06-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge not to buy on fleebay.
    Hey at 1/3 the price I just couldn't help myself

Man i need to see someone to help me with this love affair the V1 and I have. Guess it's going to cost me a bit more due to the fact the STI R is $2500 over here.
    Last edited by ghz1; 06-12-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Radar Fanatic

OP, any more updates? If so, you can post them in the form of a song if you wish.

V1 Zombie

Well just got a part re-fund. I ask for the amount in NZ dollars which will pay for a upgrade to .872. So worked out ok and now I have a new V1.872 on the way. That makes two in the family now. I'm very excited

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1 View Post
    Well just got a part re-fund. I ask for the amount in NZ dollars which will pay for a upgrade to .872. So worked out ok and now I have a new V1.872 on the way. That makes two in the family now. I'm very excited
    That's a good deal dude. Does VR rip you off with the upgrade charge in NZ?

Lead Foot

If the deal sounds too good to be true, more then likely it is. Sorry to hear you got ripped off, there are some scum bags selling on eBay. Generally a lot of them have less then perfect feedback. Would not recommend anyone buying off fleebay.