Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pro 73

Experienced

Default pro 73

Hi there does anyone have the whistler pro 73 radar I was wondering how it works and if you would know where a good place to put in a jeep

Banned

Default Re: pro 73

Quote Originally Posted by whistler
    Hi there does anyone have the whistler pro 73 radar I was wondering how it works and if you would know where a good place to put in a jeep
    The whistler pro series constantly falses on VG-2 and KA band. I bought one for my friend and after seeing it in action I regreted it.

VG-2 isn't used in WA state because they aren't illegal.

Chris

I bought my wife a pro73. It detects pretty good but it is a false magnet. It gives constant KA falses from other detectors. I just bought her an X50 to replace it.

Founder of Stealthvation

You will LOVE the X50. Just make sure that POP is off otherwise you might not like it as much[/u][/i]
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

I would think that the main problem with the Pro's is that it doesn't distinguish between a POP signal and a Ka signal. I can deal with some falsing on POP, but Ka would be a problem. I know when my RX65 sounds off on Ka, it's real. When it says POP, it's not so urgent. I really wonder why whistler went the route of showing POP as standard Ka.

Advanced Member

It IS strange that Whistler went that route...after all, they characterize every instant, full power alert as pulse/instant-on, and they have a special alert for THAT...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    It IS strange that Whistler went that route...after all, they characterize every instant, full power alert as pulse/instant-on, and they have a special alert for THAT...
    If they would have had a separate POP alert, my mother would have that detector right now, but I figured no POP was better than POP with no distinct indicator, so she's got a Bel Express 925. Might get her something different in a year or two. Sort of waiting to see what happens with Ku band before buying anything.

What devices are on Ka Band?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    If they would have had a separate POP alert, my mother would have that detector right now, but I figured no POP was better than POP with no distinct indicator, so she's got a Bel Express 925. Might get her something different in a year or two. Sort of waiting to see what happens with Ku band before buying anything.
    Just curious, why is it so important to have a separate indicator for POP? From the sound of it, most people running devices with a dedicated indicator just end up turning it off since it's so annoying when you get a false.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Just curious, why is it so important to have a separate indicator for POP? From the sound of it, most people running devices with a dedicated indicator just end up turning it off since it's so annoying when you get a false.
    I have a POP capable RX65, and I leave POP enabled all the time. It does false some in town on POP, but I can tell POP from regular Ka. Think of it this way- Would you want a detector that showed X, K, Ka, and Laser all with the same alert?