Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    That is what I can't understand. Having an STi which is not visably stealth is not 100% stealth.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virion
    Yea, the audio ramp up is absolutely horrible, especially for those of us that live in VA and have to run in dark mode. Why didn't bel just allow a remote screen? The same screen as they use in the remote STi. That would be perfect.
    YES this is exactly what I want!!!

    But as soon as the V1 is stealth i am getting one of those anyway. Screw Bel forever

  3. #13
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    I wonder if Bel reads all this and start to wonder... Do they realize how unsatisfied we are with them as our provider?

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto-radar-chopper
    I wonder if Bel reads all this and start to wonder... Do they realize how unsatisfied we are with them as our provider?
    I doubt it, these issues have been bought up time and time again since the sti was released, yet bel have not done anything about it...

  5. #15
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    587

    Default

    You would see a surge in sales if they provided this feature. I think a majority of people that would purchase this type of detector would gladly pay a little extra to get a remote display. I hate the fact that I have to run the STi totally dark. I refuse to use the smart cord because the LED's are so damn bright it lights the inside of the car up, especially when the signal led is flashing. For now at least I have it running to my V1's power source which works great. I'm actually starting to prefer my STi over my V1. Although it's larger in most areas, the most important area of width is smaller, making it less noticeable from behind. It narrower field of view dramatically cuts down on non police radar (I always get hammered when I say false alarm). It's sensetivity to real police radar has been stellar. Not quite as good on some frequencies as my V1, but the overall experience is better. I do miss my beloved arrows!

  6. #16
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virion
    Yea, the audio ramp up is absolutely horrible, especially for those of us that live in VA and have to run in dark mode. Why didn't bel just allow a remote screen? The same screen as they use in the remote STi. That would be perfect.
    And I live in Ontario and have no problem running the STI on min brightness, day and night... limo tint everywhere behind the front seats and 20% for the front seats, black CD holder over the STI and not in a million years somebody will see your stuff inside :wink:

  7. #17
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N Lauderdale, FL 2wk a month, somewhere in FL/GA/AL the rest
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virion
    I refuse to use the smart cord because the LED's are so *BEEP* bright it lights the inside of the car up, especially when the signal led is flashing.
    Take a felt tip pen like a Sharpie and dab it over the LED window a few times...it will still lite up but not as bright. No more glaring LED.

  8. #18
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    I'm seriously considering buying an STI now that the 33.8 has been fixed, but I'm left wondering: just how bad is the ramp up? Everyone says "horrible" but that's the same thing everyone seems to say about th RX65 and I see no problem with it.

    Can anyone compare the rampup of the S7 RX65 to that of the STI?

  9. #19
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    I'm seriously considering buying an STI now that the 33.8 has been fixed, but I'm left wondering: just how bad is the ramp up? Everyone says "horrible" but that's the same thing everyone seems to say about th RX65 and I see no problem with it.

    Can anyone compare the rampup of the S7 RX65 to that of the STI?
    You'll get used used with the so-called "annoying" alert sound, using the STI for over a year and nothing to complain so far...
    But why do you need such expensive RD if you do not intend on doing serious driving in banned areas, VA is far away from you, I would think just Ontario, Manitoba, Quebec and Atlantic Canada maybe...

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    I'm seriously considering buying an STI now that the 33.8 has been fixed, but I'm left wondering: just how bad is the ramp up? Everyone says "horrible" but that's the same thing everyone seems to say about th RX65 and I see no problem with it.

    Can anyone compare the rampup of the S7 RX65 to that of the STI?
    Both have audio ramp ups which are very similar.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 9500ix audio ramp-up question
    By Freebird in forum Escort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 09:41 PM
  2. STI Ramp Up Fix For Audio
    By thetruth in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 08:04 AM
  3. STi Audio Ramp-Up
    By Offshore in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. STI Audio Ramp Up?
    By happya$$ in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. STi Audio Ramp Up
    By bigalinwv in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •