Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should I buy an extended warranty?

Should I spend $35 to buy the Circuit City extended warranty it think its for 2 years? Are these relaible?

Speed Demon

what detector do you plan on purchasing?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    Should I spend $35 to buy the Circuit City extended warranty it think its for 2 years? Are these relaible?
    YES, YES, YES, YES, YES.....Bel quality sucks. Circut city stands behind their warranties!!!

I got a 60" LCD tv and 4 year warranty. 33 days before expeired they refunded my money!!!!!!!!

Professional

plus with CC warranty its replacment ,they dont fix them anymore,just replacment for RDs.....i have a 4yr on my STI.........

Yoda of Radar

I think the minimum repair charge is $75....$30 is a steal...

Power User

My reasoning is if it breaks it gives me an excuse to buy something new

I have gone throught like 3 car stereos in 7 years, all Kenwood they are the like the Belscort of the car stereo world LOL. But all units were far from top of the line anyway. My reasoning is the new features come out, so I want new anyway.

Speed Demon

When you look at these extended warranties as an insurance policy, then you see what a rip off they are. What are they, like, 20 to 30% of the value of the item for 2 years? Would you buy car insurance that cost you 10 to 15% the value of a new car per year?

Last time I was offered an extended warrantee (on a cell phone that already came with a 90 day warrantee), I told the guy "If I need an extended warantee, then I shouldn't be buying this phone."

Fact is most electronics don't break so readily. Maybe the warrantees cover loss/theft/deliberate smashing to bits....

Insuring things that rarely need replacing under the terms of the policy. I guess it's completely consistent with the modern times -- bottled water costing a buck or two that is truly bottled straight out of the tap (e.g., Dasani bottled water is Calgary tap water).

Ok, but to get to what should have been the main point of my reply -- in general, to anti-paraphrase Dave, your ext.warantee policy should be "no no no no!" But if you're buying a Bel, it should be...well, as Dave told you!

Warrantees on lap top computers are probably also a good idea, since they're so expensive to fix.

Speed Demon

Dont bother with rippoff city's extented warranty.
    They are all nice to you to make you buy it and when your item actually breaks its a different story.
    They are full of ****, I had my 60" plasma go out and I went through hell to get it fixed, I was without a tv for 5 months and then my laptop went out last year and NEVER got fixed.
    Buy an online warranty for your electronics, such as square trade from ebay, you can use it for items not bought on ebay.
    The turn around is less than a week in most cases.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by quickcummins View Post
    plus with CC warranty its replacment ,they dont fix them anymore,just replacment for RDs.....i have a 4yr on my STI.........
    I hate to say this, but there is no such a thing as a replacement warranty with CC,
    I went throught their policies when I had problems with them.
    They will tell you, *Sure!! bring it in, we ll replace it* to make you buy the warranty, but trust me, its a myth.

Even their return policy is 2 weeks on RDs, not a full month, they want 20% restocking fee after that.
    20% off 350+ dollars to have a $6.25 an hour guy to put it back in the box and throw it back on selves O.o

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by xoleras View Post
    I hate to say this, but there is no such a thing as a replacement warranty with CC,
    I went throught their policies when I had problems with them.
    They will tell you, *Sure!! bring it in, we ll replace it* to make you buy the warranty, but trust me, its a myth.

Even their return policy is 2 weeks on RDs, not a full month, they want 20% restocking fee after that.
    20% off 350+ dollars to have a $6.25 an hour guy to put it back in the box and throw it back on selves O.o
    well your CC sucks then....i use to work at one...... and now that im not with them i still get mine replaced.............or upgrade when i want too...it just depends on how nice you are to the right person.....