Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default V995 not powering up - Please help

    Im really doubting the quality of Beltronics RD now. I have the RX65 that had to go into repair because of "selfcal" - spent $60 for the repair, now my V995, is not powering up at all.

    Here is my issue. When I plug in the RD, the power light goes on on the plug but nothing is working on the dectector. No lights or sound. I have tried different plugs, even my direct wire car..no work. I also tried to reset by holding down the the Bright and City button, while plugging it in...no work either.

    Can someone HELP with suggestion what else to try? Maybe another way to reset the unit ? or opening it up and checking something inside. I am so fed up spending so much on the RX65 and the V995 and having it break down.

    Please help!

  2. #2

    Default Re: V995 not powering up - Please help

    Okay, to do the reset, you have to hold down the Bright and City buttons and while holding down these two buttons, press the power button. Release all three buttons when "Reset" is displayed.


  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default Re: V995 not powering up - Please help

    There's not really much you can do except to send it in for repair.

  4. #4
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    6,538

    Default Re: V995 not powering up - Please help


  5. #5
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    N.E. PA
    Posts
    1,959

    Default Re: V995 not powering up - Please help

    hipertec,
    Are the pins inside the plug of the 995, straight and clean? (No corrosion) I don't know how long ago you sent your Rx in for service but I can say that Beltronics definitely will stand behind their work. If you send the 995 and $60 in to bel, they'll make it right and stand behind it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: V995 not powering up - Please help

    Quote Originally Posted by hipertec View Post
    Im really doubting the quality of Beltronics RD now. I have the RX65 that had to go into repair because of "selfcal" - spent $60 for the repair, now my V995, is not powering up at all.

    Here is my issue. When I plug in the RD, the power light goes on on the plug but nothing is working on the dectector. No lights or sound. I have tried different plugs, even my direct wire car..no work. I also tried to reset by holding down the the Bright and City button, while plugging it in...no work either.

    Can someone HELP with suggestion what else to try? Maybe another way to reset the unit ? or opening it up and checking something inside. I am so fed up spending so much on the RX65 and the V995 and having it break down.

    Please help!
    Okay, the more I think about exactly what you describe, it sounds like the V995 is powered on when you plug it into its power cord, but other than that nothing on it works. Try pressing the V995's power button with it plugged in and see if the power light on the RD cord turns off. If so, then try doing the factory reset procedure now that it is plugged in but powered off.

  7. #7

    Default Re: V995 not powering up - Please help

    Nothing worked. Sent it in to Beltronics a few days ago. Lets see what they say..thanks.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 9500ix not powering on via USB?
    By rondocap in forum Escort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 09:48 AM
  2. Powering the LI
    By frank od in forum Laser Interceptor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 10:59 AM
  3. Pro 78 kept shutting down then powering back up?
    By proudNMAmember in forum Whistler
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 05:31 AM
  4. POWERING OFF DETECTOR ?
    By JUS2MCH in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 08:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •