Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: STi-R repaired!

  1. #1
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default STi-R repaired!

    Got the STi-R back today - AIR MAILED NEXT DAY URGENT UPS!!! Best C/S I've ever experienced on warranty work. They claim to have 'updated the software' on the antenna and interface, IMHO they just gave me a new interface/antenna and just slapped a sticker on the new one w/ the same serial # for warranty purposes. Even the antenna power cord and everything is brand new including the fuse on the cord, it's smaller. I want my 2 amp fuse back, I paid $5 for that thing lol.

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lubbock,Tx
    Posts
    3,497

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Got the STi-R back today - AIR MAILED NEXT DAY URGENT UPS!!! Best C/S I've ever experienced on warranty work. They claim to have 'updated the software' on the antenna and interface, IMHO they just gave me a new interface/antenna and just slapped a sticker on the new one w/ the same serial # for warranty purposes. Even the antenna power cord and everything is brand new including the fuse on the cord, it's smaller. I want my 2 amp fuse back, I paid $5 for that thing lol.
    Already had to send in your STI-R? What was wrong with it?

  3. #3
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Got the STi-R back today - AIR MAILED NEXT DAY URGENT UPS!!! Best C/S I've ever experienced on warranty work. They claim to have 'updated the software' on the antenna and interface, IMHO they just gave me a new interface/antenna and just slapped a sticker on the new one w/ the same serial # for warranty purposes. Even the antenna power cord and everything is brand new including the fuse on the cord, it's smaller. I want my 2 amp fuse back, I paid $5 for that thing lol.
    Already had to send in your STI-R? What was wrong with it?
    My install overloaded it.

  4. #4
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    688

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Got the STi-R back today - AIR MAILED NEXT DAY URGENT UPS!!! Best C/S I've ever experienced on warranty work. They claim to have 'updated the software' on the antenna and interface, IMHO they just gave me a new interface/antenna and just slapped a sticker on the new one w/ the same serial # for warranty purposes. Even the antenna power cord and everything is brand new including the fuse on the cord, it's smaller. I want my 2 amp fuse back, I paid $5 for that thing lol.
    Already had to send in your STI-R? What was wrong with it?
    My install overloaded it.
    How so?

  5. #5
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by TQUILL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Got the STi-R back today - AIR MAILED NEXT DAY URGENT UPS!!! Best C/S I've ever experienced on warranty work. They claim to have 'updated the software' on the antenna and interface, IMHO they just gave me a new interface/antenna and just slapped a sticker on the new one w/ the same serial # for warranty purposes. Even the antenna power cord and everything is brand new including the fuse on the cord, it's smaller. I want my 2 amp fuse back, I paid $5 for that thing lol.
    Already had to send in your STI-R? What was wrong with it?
    My install overloaded it.
    How so?

    I run everything on the same hot wire and ground, it blew the fuse. at first I couldn't find a big 2amp fuse and I wanted to check if it would still power up so I just put a paper clip in the fuse area to see if it would power up and when I went to turn it on I ended up frying the interface and radar antenna. Bel simply gave me a new interface and antenna(which has a smaller fuse size thank god, I'm sure I can swap it for any random 5amp fuse if need be in the future). I still haven't hooked it up to see if it'll work yet as it's been raining yesterday and today.

  6. #6
    Power User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TQUILL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    Got the STi-R back today - AIR MAILED NEXT DAY URGENT UPS!!! Best C/S I've ever experienced on warranty work. They claim to have 'updated the software' on the antenna and interface, IMHO they just gave me a new interface/antenna and just slapped a sticker on the new one w/ the same serial # for warranty purposes. Even the antenna power cord and everything is brand new including the fuse on the cord, it's smaller. I want my 2 amp fuse back, I paid $5 for that thing lol.
    Already had to send in your STI-R? What was wrong with it?
    My install overloaded it.
    How so?

    I run everything on the same hot wire and ground, it blew the fuse. at first I couldn't find a big 2amp fuse and I wanted to check if it would still power up so I just put a paper clip in the fuse area to see if it would power up and when I went to turn it on I ended up frying the interface and radar antenna. Bel simply gave me a new interface and antenna(which has a smaller fuse size thank god, I'm sure I can swap it for any random 5amp fuse if need be in the future). I still haven't hooked it up to see if it'll work yet as it's been raining yesterday and today.
    Lucky you should know better not to jump it with a paper clip. Lucky (no pun intended) for you they covered it under warranty.

  7. #7
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post

    Lucky you should know better not to jump it with a paper clip. Lucky (no pun intended) for you they covered it under warranty.
    LOL yea well I wanted to see if it would boot up re-installed today, running like a champ

  8. #8
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    At the SPA, New York
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Let us know if you notice anything different - Perhaps there is new software, but I doubt it.

  9. #9
    Street Lawyer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    719, Colorado
    Posts
    7,108

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    Quote Originally Posted by samq45 View Post
    Let us know if you notice anything different - Perhaps there is new software, but I doubt it.
    Is there anything I can press on the STi-R to get a version #?

  10. #10
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    At the SPA, New York
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: STi-R repaired!

    No - Its fairly irritating, but bel and escort have removed the ability to see the firmware version by the end user (AFAIK).

    I do not believe the you can determine the Redline's firmware version either.

    They removed it as it just causes problems for them. If you reported a new version half of us here would send our units back for a re-flash and Bel/Escort wants to put an end to that as it just costs them time and money. Look what happened to the Sti after the 33.8 fix and rampup fix were announced.

    Everyone knows their detectors are perfect with the first software version so why bother (yes - I am being sarcastic).

    If they were smart they would charge to upgrade like Valentine and have some upsells, but as we can see with the QT and Filtering issue their software never needs to be updated, so why give the user the ability to see the version.
    Last edited by samq45; 11-25-2009 at 01:45 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. repaired bel sti going back
    By chris in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:30 AM
  2. The old Lidatek LE30: Can it be repaired?
    By jws3 in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
  3. X50 Repaired but seems strange now
    By Orbital75 in forum Escort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •