Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Beltronics Vector 895 best radar detector for under $200

    Hello. I've been reading Ultimate Real-World Review on radar detectors. Do you think that the 895 would be the best detector for 200 bucks? how have your experiences been with this product?


    thanks

    (also if not what other brands/models would u reccomend)

  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,015

    Default

    The Vector series are good performance wise detectors. I however do not know much specifically(and personally) about the RD you speak of.

    I would maybe ask CrazyVovloRob about his detector... he has the V995, and I believe that he is very content with the performance of it... I would assume he would have more information on the 'platforms' it is based on.

  3. #3
    Professional
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    928

    Default

    I have the 895 and I like it very much!!
    I will run it my V1 and they always seem to respond at the same time for threats, (excluding rear detection) "Falsing" is very minimal,easy to live with and great detection.

    The rear detection is good and will keep you informed of a Leo sneaking up on you.
    I do get laser falsing by our airport in Indianapolis but it seems like all the Bel units I have owned have always falsed there.

    The 895 is a radar detector that I feel comfortable with as a back up unit!

    If for some reason I did not have my V1 with me and I only had the Bel 895 I would not worry about it letting me down when I really needed it to.

  4. #4

    Default

    thanks for your help

    so the 895 only gets the front 180 degrees of the car...

    do you happen to know if its common for police to aim their radars at the back?

  5. #5
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    the only thing is on the 895 if you have PoP mode on it will drive you nuts at times but other than that it rocks on KA range very good range.

  6. #6

    Default

    thanks. would u reccoment the vector 995 instead? there are quite a few on ebay in the $200 range. sorry to bother you guys, but i appreciate the help

  7. #7
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Is the 895 only available at Radio Shack? I did not see it on the BEL website.

    GTO_04

  8. #8
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Is the 895 only available at Radio Shack? I did not see it on the BEL website.

    GTO_04
    Yeah, it's a Radio Shack exclusive, just like the 795.

  9. #9
    Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarplaya08
    thanks. would u reccoment the vector 995 instead? there are quite a few on ebay in the $200 range. sorry to bother you guys, but i appreciate the help
    only if you like the other features more on the v995 then i would say go for it the vector 995 is very good to i think the v895 has the same range as the v995 i think :wink:

  10. #10
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida
    Posts
    191

    Default get the v995, not 895

    it will drive nuts. yes, apparently its close on all bands as far as the range-but for a few bucks more, your pretty much getting the best vector with alot more capabilities ANd better range on the 995. and you can shut x band off, and it connects to the lp905 and on and on. get it from roy, not ebay-read the forum on ebay. dan

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 04:57 AM
  2. Beltronics Vector 975R Radar Detector Remote Mount Kit
    By jdmcivic25 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 01:40 PM
  3. Beltronics Vector 940 Radar/Laser Detector
    By SpeedyG in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 07:31 PM
  4. Beltronics Laser/Radar Detector (Vector 990)
    By hookem202 in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 03:48 AM
  5. Beltronics Radar/Laser Detector (Vector 955)
    By Radar 4 Ever in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •