I have a new RX65 and i was messing around with the settings and found a international and USA mode under the Ka band options. I am wondering what option I should be using for best performance, and what the differences are between the two settings.![]()
I have a new RX65 and i was messing around with the settings and found a international and USA mode under the Ka band options. I am wondering what option I should be using for best performance, and what the differences are between the two settings.![]()
USA mode has frequency priority for 33.8, 34.7 and 35.5 frequencies of the KA band.
International mode scans from 33.4 to 36.0 ghz with no emphasis on the three frequencies that the USA uses.
Range of both modes is the same, but USA mode is muuuuuuch more responsive and is more likely to catch "instant-on" and "quick-trigger" radar on the KA band.
Most likely the highway patrol will be using KA
Upside of Ka USA is that it works better for i/o becuase it only scans for 600mhz out of the 2600mhz for Ka. Downside is that it may cause you to miss an alert to an out of tune gun.
I'd be very reluctant to run without KA turned on. There's not much downside to having it on, KA falses on the RX65 are pretty rare. Even in the few areas I travel where the locals use predominately k-band I still get hit with KA every once in a while. If the agencies up your way decide to replace any of their units, there's a good chance they'll go to KA.
Just going to try to clarify something else here also, best to keep the POP off correct?
USA mode will also improve response time and can also increase range on K-Band. By reducing the Ka bandwidth being swept the detector will effectively get more sweeps in on K-Band and have a better chance of finding brief blips that appear above the noise floor.
Espect to have a few more Ka falses than usual, but it's totally worth the added performance. These falses usually show up as very brief alerts on 33.7x and 35.4x.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bookmarks