Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default claiming 40% increase sensitivity on k and ka bands with the new pro 300

this is the claim that the new bel pro 300 has 40% greater sensitivity than the rx65 bel on k and ka bands. cant wait till tomorrow to find out how it does against the ka and k bands used around here in usa mode. this will go well with the m27 blinder i got 3 weeks ago. Thanx bel for letting me trade in the rx65 i purchased on may 31st for the pro 300 i would have been not happy having just got the rx65 and then the pro 300 came out within the 30 day trial period of purchasing the rx65 so they let me get the pro 300 even exchange which arrives tomorrow. the rx65 i had rocked, so if the pro 300 is 40% better on k and ka bands as they are claiming...i will be very happy customer come tomorrow when ups gets here with my new pro 300. ka bands are everywhere here in florida and always looking for the best equipment possible for protection. alot of instant on ka used here in florida so ill take all the extra boost i can get. just need to make sure i have someone driving ahead of me for the unit to catch the bounce off of.
    i had the s7 995 before getting the m4 rx65 and the rx65 was very good and better in every way than the s7 995...so hoping this pro 300 is even better than the rx65 i loved so much by giving it a little more boost...40% is alot of gain...and thats what they are saying in the reporting articles about the pro 300 performance...cant wait till i can take for a test drive tomorrow after it arrives via ups. will update on its performance asap.

V1 Zombie

Default Re: claiming 40% increase sensitivity on k and ka bands with the new pro 300

Soundz great! I can tell you are looking fo ward to that, enjoy!

Experienced

Default Re: claiming 40% increase sensitivity on k and ka bands with the new pro 300

not sure i understand the k band on box says 24.150 0+-mhz...k band....so does this provide less k band coverage..doesnt this mean the cop has to be right in tune radar with no error...anyone plz help me understand this on pro300...thanx

How much much was your 300? I'm saving for a new detector. Bought a Whistler cordless for $20 on clearance at Radio Shack. Not impressed, but you get what you pay for.

Experienced

219.95 with the trade in on the 995/rx65 i had but w/out a trade its 299.95 from bel direct.

Speed Demon

My understanding is that the K-band comprises of 24.150 with a +/- of 100Mhz, but that is just the range and not related to sensitivity measurements. The writing on the box doesn't appear to make sense and confirming with Bel would clear up if it's a typo.

For the new model, there is a claimed 3db increase in sensitivity. This would not be a 1:1 relationship with an increase in outright range as there are other ingredients at work (similar to simply doubling your CB wattage doesn't give you automatically 2x the range to talk on a CB). The Pro-300 is supposed to have some updated software...so overall, pretty similar to the RX-65 M4. Mathematically better, and perhaps measurably better in the overall performance when it finally gets independently tested. I look forward to seeing how it does. But as for a 40% total performance gain, this is not something I expect out of the new Pro-300. But definitely a good solid choice without going to the BigDawg M3's or going for the GPS-city-folk-RD's.

As for the S7, it's a slightly different animal as the M4 is a bit more focused on the straight line performance while the S7 typically did a little better for signals off to the side a little bit, but gave up a little on the straight line to get that.

Advanced Member

Remember that a -3bd gain is double in sensitivity. So with RDs in the up to around -118db, that is advertisement gimmic! So if a unit has around 106-108, it still lacks......

Advanced Member
    Upstate New York where the Stalker Dual is King

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    Remember that a -3bd gain is double in sensitivity. So with RDs in the up to around -118db, that is advertisement gimmic! So if a unit has around 106-108, it still lacks......
    Yes, the -3db gain is being able to detect a signal at half the amplitude from the prior reference point. However, that equates to only a 40% increase in range potential since signal power loss is non-linear over distance through our ground level atmosphere.

The OP should not expect to realize the full 40% increase in anything other than ideal conditions in a straight line detection.........around bends and over hills will be something less and sometimes, again depending on conditions, not equate to much at all.

That said, I'll take that -3db gain the new lens provides any day of the week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am considering the RX65 currently selling for $209. I was looking at the V995 for $194. Of these two detectors, which would be the best? The Pro 300 is a bit out of my price range. The Pro 200 may be an option, but perhaps the RX65 or V995 are better deals. Thoughts?

Radar Fanatic

Belscort fluff!