Hi, new to this forum... Looking for some advice.
I recently upgraded from an RX65 to the Pro500 because I wanted the GPS feature to lockout false K band alerts. Its mounted under the rear view mirror (BlendMount) exactly where the RX65 was. Problem number 1 is false laser alerts. I don't think its from the car's NAV screen because false laser alerts were extremely rare with the RX65 mounted in the same position. Problem 2 is that the GPS has difficulty locking on to a satellite. I figured maybe it needs a clearer view of the sky so I took it off the BlendMount, set it on the dash and it still could not find a satellite. Funny thing is it easily found and locked onto a satellite when I was initially setting it up while parked in my garage!
Right now, I have laser detection disabled and GPS working only when it feels like it! Drove home from work tonight and it never got a GPS lock. I'm very disapointed and may end up returning it. Anyone have advice or comments? Thanks.




Reply With Quote
Bookmarks