Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans problems

Radar Fanatic

Default Trans problems

The trans in my Z-71 messed up today. I only have 1st & 2nd gear. When I put the diagnostic tester on it I get code P0502. "Vehicle speed sensor A circuit low input.
    Anyone here know anything about auto trans speed sensors?
    Looks like I have to get it into the shop. I hate Autos

Lead Foot

Default Re: Trans problems

Im guessing your speedometer isnt working right either?
    On the trans near the output shaft housing there should be some wires going to a plug.....connected to the speedo sensor.
    Im sure you could google the location or look it up on a truck forum.

Radar Fanatic

Yea Ive already Googled it. I didnt notice a problem with the speedo but I only drove it around the block and turned around when it happened. It was fine last time I drove it so I know its got to be the sensor or wiring gone bad.
    Ill take a look at it tommorrow and see if I can get it running right. If not its going to AAMCO tuesday and my next paycheck with it

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, my biggest fear is that the tranny will go out on my acura before I unload it, $3500-4000 to fix out of warranty. At least you have the mower as back up.

Radar Fanatic

partsfreak,
    Just for sh*** and giggles, why not give the local GMC dealer a ring and talk to service? They may be able to help you and be less costly than AAmco.

Radar Fanatic

Since I have the diagnostic tester and googled the code I was able to find out enough info to fix it myself. Took about an hour and runs good. That sensor really messed with a few systems I wouldnt have thought but gpracer1 was right about speedo being whacked. Also the antilock brakes were really weird too. That speed sensor must tie into alot of systems.
    My Acura hasnt had anywhere near the problems Ive had with my GMC. In fact the maint guys at the dealer keep asking if I want to sell it
    Mower on the other hand is manual and has a quick draw beer holder on the right hand wheelwell.
    Last edited by partsfreak; 05-26-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Power User

General motors really has poor quality.. its sad. I bought a 2000 Camaro new and got it home, washed it and inside was wet on both front seats.. mo mo's didnt install the weather stripping correctly, fixed it my self. next week rattling from faulty catalytic converter.. sad we dont have the quality we used to here in the US.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    General motors really has poor quality.. its sad. I bought a 2000 Camaro new and got it home, washed it and inside was wet on both front seats.. mo mo's didnt install the weather stripping correctly, fixed it my self. next week rattling from faulty catalytic converter.. sad we dont have the quality we used to here in the US.
    Are you kidding me? Unless you're talking about design quality (interiors and stuff), American vehicles have NEVER had any build quality. They were ALWAYS built like crap and ALWAYS fell apart within the first couple of tens of thousands of miles.

The difference is that other countries learned how to build reliable cars decades ago.

i wanted info on that one

Newcomer

Yeah jds is right,remember friday car/monday car