Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Professional

Default Re: "Your intellimute sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Divewjason View Post
    The Cobra alerted about 1 second before the STI-R yesterday.
    Against what?
    It was against 33.8 c/o ka band.

I definitely see more of a difference in performance in the tougher encounters though. The range on easy encounters are relatively the same, but when there is a curve, a hill, or some obstruction in the way the STI-R destroys the Cobra. However, comparing the Cobra to the STI-R is unfair. I just wanted to point out that the tough encounters is where you will really see the difference between two detectors.
    Last edited by Divewjason; 01-07-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Speed Demon

Lol, all this newfound half respect for Cobra is kinda amusing. Doesn't Mike V's arrow patent expire soon? Maybe the next Cobra can have 2 horns and arrows.

Seriously, though, I haven't unboxed my 9960G yet. But if it's the same platform as the 9940/50 it's not AS bad as past Cobras....but nothing to write home about. BTW, did anyone see they just debuted new models with touchscreens???

I never had issues w/ "Intellimute" malfuctioning on my 9930 or 9940. I think that quality control is another failing of Cobra. But....Belscort has had their issues with that as well...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bkrell View Post
    BTW, did anyone see they just debuted new models with touchscreens???
    They should add voice commands in the next generation like "X band off" or "find nearest redlight cam"

When the hell will cobra make a ****ing product that does a reliable job of detecting radar?

Professional

Lol, all this newfound half respect for Cobra is kinda amusing. Doesn't Mike V's arrow patent expire soon? Maybe the next Cobra can have 2 horns and arrows.

Seriously, though, I haven't unboxed my 9960G yet. But if it's the same platform as the 9940/50 it's not AS bad as past Cobras....but nothing to write home about. BTW, did anyone see they just debuted new models with touchscreens???

I never had issues w/ "Intellimute" malfuctioning on my 9930 or 9940. I think that quality control is another failing of Cobra. But....Belscort has had their issues with that as well...
    Performance from this unit isn't bad except for it struggles to detect instant on radar anywhere more than about 3/4 a mile to a mile out.

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    BTW, did anyone see they just debuted new models with touchscreens???
    They should add voice commands in the next generation like "X band off" or "find nearest redlight cam"

When the hell will cobra make a ****ing product that does a reliable job of detecting radar?
    I can't believe that they came out with a touch screen detector. How the heck is a touch screen on a 1.5" screen going to be productive? I have been giving Cobra more credit since I reviewed the 9960G but they still need improvement. Instead of improving radar detection they still insist on just adding "features" that they can market.

Speed Demon

Yep the touchscreen is a definant gimmick. I finally took down the v955 tonight and threw the 9960 onto the windshield. I swear I heard my v955 scream "What the hell are you DOING!?!?" as I put it into the glove compartment.

Drove around town to run some errands. Hmmm, doesn't false as bad as the 9940 I had did. I don't know how that's possible if it's the same underpinnings. Perhaps more QC issues? Anywho, it performed respectively against a K band speed sign off axis. Did okay against some K automatic doors....

I had left the safety alert on but see I will be turning it off. Unless there really WAS a train about to barrell through the CITGO parking lot...

Professional

^Strong K band signals will prompt a train alert. I had it happen 3 times in a Publix parking lot. :P

Speed Demon

Yeah I figured. I was near an intersection that traditionally sets my v955 to high alert. Had a nice 34.7 c/o this AM headed to work. It was real enough and range was on par w/ the v955. Again, not like it REALLY matters as DPS has whipped me into shape. Especially since I have to be a good boy for 6 mos. to have a stop sign running violation removed from my record...