Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    321

    Default Cobra User Ignored Alert

    Travelling on a fairly heavily enforced stretch of 4 lane road that has no false other than from other vehicles, I began falseing to a Cobra coming up behind me. Speed limit is 55 and this is in NC. He passed me doing 70. I was turning off in 2 miles so instead of using the rabbit I blasted him with my k band Bushnell.

    It took about 4 seconds till I saw brake lights. So I started to mess with him doing I/O holding at least 4 seconds so I knew he would pick up the alert.

    Well he only brakes on the initial hit. He sped back up and remained at +15 when his Cobra should have been alerting full strength I/O on an enforced road with blind corners hiding spots and bridges. No rabbits ahead he was flying passed other cars.

    Idiot.

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: Cobra User Ignored Alert

    Haha, yesterday a guy with a cobra passed me driving 50 in a 30. Such a false sense of security.

  3. #3
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default Re: Cobra User Ignored Alert

    I'm not really sure why a person would use a RD and then completely ignore it while speeding....

  4. #4
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Cobra User Ignored Alert

    He also probably doesn't know speeding violation laws cus it would have been reckless driving.

  5. #5
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    delete account. delete account. delete account. delete account.
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Cobra User Ignored Alert

    it could have been that he possibly did not get an alert on the Cobra. After all, it is a Cobra. Maybe even 4 seconds is not enough. Although, time, distance, and speed all plays a factor in his detection.

  6. #6
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DREAM2REALITY View Post
    it could have been that he possibly did not get an alert on the Cobra. After all, it is a Cobra. Maybe even 4 seconds is not enough. Although, time, distance, and speed all plays a factor in his detection.
    I said he slammed his brakes the first time I pulled the trigger. The following trigger pulls were a mix of slow instant on and some constant on. His detector alerted. I was next to him at a light later and could see it going off and his face looking around all confused for a cop

  7. #7
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    delete account. delete account. delete account. delete account.
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Cobra User Ignored Alert

    lol, you should have recorded

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Another Ka 35.5 Save, Cobra User Gets Lit Up
    By mlyon83 in forum Whistler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
  2. GPS mirror - why user input alert, and not user input mute??
    By GTRstikya in forum Other Countermeasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 08:37 AM
  3. What to get a soon to be ex Cobra user...
    By Ovencleaner in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •